Re: Topic Tuesday // Motivation // Tues 14 Aug, 7pm AEDT

Such a good idea, journalling. Great tip!!!

Well work should be understanding?? Will they?

I think you have made a very valid point  @Clo1 (and welcome by the way and hello to you too @Zoe7!) sometimes it is okay to accept that at times you can only do what you can do. This brings me on to the next discussion point:

f99254a49feebe65bdea6be80837176e.png

A lot of you have expressed that it can be difficult to maintain motivation, or that when you do a task one day but can't another day - you can feel really deflated. So, when we start moving and completing the things we had wanted to do, how do we maintain that? It can be easy to go ten steps forward and fall five steps back. Then the internal monologue comes back. So, it might be time to stop and give yourself some kindness as well. Acknowledge your courage.   

What are some things you do or could do for yourself to recognise and reward yourself for even small achievements you have made? What self-care rituals could you invite yourself to do in those tricky moments when you feel a bit guilty or negative?

I was forced to negotiate reduced hours, leave without pay etc with work as i was totally incapacitated for months. By law there are dispositions to protect workers. Everyone s context is different. I find the stygma is terrible to deal with, on top of the fatigue! Hope it all goes well

"What are some things you do or could do for yourself to recognise and reward yourself for even small achievements you have made? What self-care rituals could you invite yourself to do in those tricky moments when you feel a bit guilty or negative?"

Don't treat myself like crap, and don't slack off. Set realistic goals and incrementally improve on them.

Also, rewarding myself by buying a game, a book or going to an event I'd find interesting.

@MDT its good to see the value you have around helping others, helps to motivate you to do the things you wish to achieve. It can be daunting but its a great way to continue to motivate yourself in this way!

I allow myself to help self care time and that's my reward.
Face mask, bath, candles.. Two birds with one stone

I so relate @Mae88 as sometimes my goal is just to sit outside when I'm actually on the lounge looking at the garden through the window!

I allow myself 'rest' time - it used to be that I felt like I wasn't achieving anything by not doing anything but niw I understand that I need time out and that resting after I have achieved a goal (even a small one) is just as beneficial as if I was on the go all the time. It allows for contemplation as well as letting myself know that what I HAVE achieved, however small or large, is worth something.

Wish I knew. Right now, I just accept that I am doing nothing, deadline is looming, risk fast approaching. But can t do it, and I am just going to listen to an uplifting song, write down my worries, my plan, if any, and close the book for today. If i really really stress, i find podcasts to be really useful and positive or some resources on the internet. But usually an uplifting song will do the trick and an outline of a plan

Get Outlook for iOS

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126