Re: Hi there

You sound like such a battler. Good on you @Catsgirl-78 

With your husband's uni, he can ask for reasonable adjustments to be made so that he gets extra allowances. I had a reasonable adjustment plan in place. I had extra time for uni assignments, extra support and extra TLC from my co-ordinators. It was really helpful and helped me get through uni.

I glad your husband is now able to help himself a little in not only working a bit but studying. 

As for you, make sure you have as much support as possible.

Please tag me into your responses so I do not miss them. All you have to do is type "@" in front of my name and a drop down will appear. e.g. @tyme .

See you around.

You are doing very well @Catsgirl-78 !

@tyme Thanks so much for the tip on the ‘reasonable adjustment plan’. Do you think that’d be applicable for most universities? 
And thanks for your note too 😊

Hi @Catsgirl-78 

I will second what @tyme said about the reasonable adjustments at Uni. I would be most surprised if any Uni did not have this.

I also had adjustments to get through a Uni course. I went through uni on the back of loosing my job due to burnout and supporting my wife through a significant mental health crisis and months in hoapital.  Even was able to take a baby to classes with me. 

Well worth looking into with student support services. I found that a challenge to begin with because I was determined to do in on my own. But a lecturer insisted and I am glad she did. I don't think I personally could have completed without it. 

D

@Catsgirl-78 

Also just realised my inital reply to you dropped the link to another thread 

Here it is:

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Supporting-my-wife-who-lives-with-Borderline-Perso... 

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126