Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I’m trying to reply @CheerBear but am stuck and crying for now, that’s not a bad thing for me though. 

Mega hugs @Teej (or gentle little sitting with you ones - your choice). No need to reply 💛

💗 @Faith-and-Hope

Yay for tears @Teej ..... 💕

Thinking things were pretty rough yesterday @CheerBear. Thinking of you and here if you need to vent. 

@CheerBear

94A74C95-7313-483A-A1F0-C19F255AA693.jpegStill my fave Brené quote.Still my fave Brené quote.84108665-982C-4BD5-A5E0-0C125F4C4E3A.jpegF6F88136-569C-43EA-B8EC-CECF6C5CC11C.jpegThinking of youThinking of you

Hey @Teej and @outlander. I was a little teary when I saw your pics, thanks Teej ❤ Yesterday was really sucky and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I went along as I am trying to work through some big mess in my head. The response I got was that we can't really work through big mess without a kind of security and peace of mind, but getting that security is beyond me while there's huge mess in my head. I don't know what to do and it's like a nasty cycle that really feels a bit hopeless and overwhelming if I think about it too long (and I really shouldn't be talking about this in any more than very vague detail which makes it tricky here). I will work it out eventually and am OK today, just sad and a little ugh at it all.

I had ortho with a littler one today and we spent our morning at the hospital. They're as good as you can be with this stuff which is great but it's a six week cast and no sport of any kind (no playground equipment, run and dives off the lounge, running, trampoline, sport at school, bike or scooter etc.) for three months which they're not happy about, as you might guess after our conversation the other night @outlander. They are now the proud owner of a fancy flouro cast which softens the blow a little maybe and we'll get some textas and possibly even glitter for cast decorating which will help too. It's been another long day though :face_with_rolling_eyes:

I haven't read anything here since yesterday and I'm heading out again now until at least later tonight but I appreciate the vent space and the listening ears, thank you. Hope today is one of the better ones for you ❤

Ach! @CheerBear My heart goes out to and your family.  So much going on ... a mess and who wants which peace and security ... hmmm . dont have to answer as I am guessing its the 
hes and shes who must be obeyed....

Hope they get a decent villagish thing happening for you and your brood.

Heart

Can relate on so many levels, including your littly as I was the only sib that ever broke a limb and had a cast (not sure about adopted out biological sib .. he may have, as was sporty ish ...tennis and golf and diving ... but died before he told me any broken limb stories)

Heart

I love @Teej pics too ...

There is also a very special artistic balance in starting and finshing the post with RAINBOWS.

Heart

For when in a sciencey mindset

Walter Lewins lecture on 

The Hidden Beauty of Rainbows

is worth it.

Heart

I have rainbowey ... made up quote that is my official Mental Health mantra ... as written down by my worker.  Its simply "Find the Rainbow".

Heart

Hi @Appleblossom. Thanks so much for your understanding. I really appreciate it. Your guess is close-ish but not totally there (at least that I know of), though the ever present fear of those who must be obeyed, definitely is.

I love your mantra. I remember you mentioning it a little while ago and thought at the time how great it was. I had a quick look at the lecture you shared and it's way beyond my very non-sciencey brain, but it's a really interesting topic and I can see that if you could understand the numbers or follow along with them, it would be a great one.

Hope things are OK enough for you. Thanks again 🌈

Hi @CheerBear

its taken a while to get back here today. I’m not sure what to respond with but I know you’ll work it out. Of course my brain has been in trying cryptic thinking but today I’ve got nothing 😳 which has actually been really nice. It’s meant that I’ve had a relatively peaceful day without overthinking everything. I’m sorry you have big decisions. 

Dont think im on the same page at all but cmh laid down the law and made me give up my security blanket (insert method of s) at one point. It was really hard to do..... I struggled hugely .......but I also then restocked after. I don’t think this is your thing but it was a big thing for me. 

I hope LF survives ok with plaster. Mine were not very good at that part. We’ve had 5 breaks in total. I remember being in hospital with one with a broken thumb (a hyperactive one). They made up a removable cast for it. The doctor told him no sport. He said what about soccer, I don’t need my hand for that. She replied that if he found himself on a soccer pitch then this is what he should do to try to protect it and told him. Mind you he didn’t tell her he was the goalkeeper but I wouldn’t let him play that position. I was so grateful that she understood. He would have never survived without some sport. I watched on edge every game until it was healed. 

Thinking of you hoping today has been better. 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126