Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

👋😆 @Teej! Love that gif! As always reading your reply gave me a big smile. Can imagine the nerves you might have tonight. How long will you be there (if you can/would like to share)?

Your psychiatrist appointment sounds jumbly (like your cross between the cat and the dog above 🤪!). I used to go over and over things between appointments but am lucky to not do that so much anymore. It would do my head in.

Love, love, love the garden cheer! Those colours 😍 We're not home tonight and are at the house with a lovely garden. A couple of weeks ago I was wandering around and saw some flowers that made me think of you. One is a beautiful azalea which was beginning to have buds. I missed seeing it in the light today but apparently it is full of flowers now. I will try and remember to take a pic for you tomorrow morning when I sneak in a walk around before we go home 🙂

I feel splattered tonight, but it's dealable with-ish. There's so much going on here, with each day being really full of ups and downs. It seems like we just process and make sense of news or a plan or an update, only for it all to change again. We have two lots of family flying in from interstate over the next week, which might be good. More hands 🙂

Sending you ginormous 💚 for your respite stay. Looking forward to hearing how you go (and whether you meet a smelly person too 🤞😆). Hope that your night-before-nerves settle for you tonight ❤

💜💜💐💕 @Teej @CheerBear ..... 👋

👋 @Faith-and-Hope 😊💛

@Teej I have some garden pretties for you this morning to wish you the best for your time away. I'll add them below because, unlike you, I haven't worked out how to preload pics into 18 albums 😆😘

Thinking of you this morning

Hope the day ahead has good in it for anyone reading 

Here's the beautiful azalea (taken in the rain, in my big boots, under a big hood) this morning. It was tricky to get a picture of how big and lovely it really is without too much background I don't want to share publicly.

201624.jpg

Close up they remind me of something from Fantasia. Tutus and dancing ballerina flowers 🌸🌼

201200.jpg

There is also a darker one in front which might hopefully grow as big and beautiful one day 💕

2071135.jpg

While I was scrolling through my photos today I put this together for you too. Some more of (mostly my) garden cheer. The daisies are from the lovely garden house. 

20806.jpg

Hope the (overload of) flowers bring a tiny bit of brightness to your morning @Teej. They gave me some 🙂

Well I smiled lots when I saw your post @CheerBear

Im supposed to be packing to leave in just over an hour 😳 but I’m chronically sidetracked from those gorgeous images (and the dig at 18 albums, I chuckled at that 😄).

As you can tell im not much into pale colours but that pale pink azalea is to die for (just realised another interesting saying, well writing it here felt a bit weird). The close up really shows how spectacular it is. It must be an amazing bush. I love the other pink one too. Love the garden collage too. It’s always lovely to see what is growing, we'll have to put up veggie ones too 😊

I had to smile at me finding a nice smelling one too. I think my chances are pretty limited. I think there is only one male going. I am only there until Friday. This respite is different to others as you have to be well to go. It’s more of a preventative one and motivation to keep going. It’s like a short holiday really. 

Thinking of you with all your twisty, not knowing and very unpredictable at the moment. I’m not sure if I’ll be on the forum much while I am away but I will keep a bit of an eye out for how things are going. 

Hugs 💜🤗

And D9AD296D-39CC-4898-BF1A-6C7D05B73F83.gif

@Faith-and-Hope I hope your day isn’t too crazy. From reading it sounds like things are pretty full on. Thinking of you too 💜🤗

Full on with studies as the moment @Teej, but mr. flies out again later today, so that slows our home pace down to a more relaxed speed for a couple of days.

Soooo pleased you are going on this respite / retreat ..... 🤗💜🌷

Would love to paint from your images @CheerBear .... 🎨 🌈 💐

@CheerBear I’m hoping the timing of this is ok and that you are going ok 🤞🏻🙏.

Todays forecast

chances of finding a nice smelling one in respite is zero as i been unable to locate any males regardless of scent 😁. Chances of having a lovely, interesting, supportive group of females (my age group as well) in my respite house is high 😊

We went to an exhibition and art gallery yesterday which was lovely. Thought of you @Faith-and-Hope. One of the artist featured had the most amazing art. My group supervisor said the effect was created using plastic wrap which dries on the paint. There were some awesome pieces. 

Some floral cheer (from of one of my 18 OTT albums 😜) for all passing by.

2BD7C432-69C6-4F12-B00F-8753753B278E.jpeg

💜🤗

🤗💜💐💕🌷 @Teej ....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126