Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I feel sad. I wish I could talk like I used to be able to. Reaching out is hard when you don't feel right about talking.

I got sunburnt (work) on Friday, then sunburnt again Saturday.

So I’ve felt feverish & wiped out, for the past 3 days. I don’t manage even mild sunburn easily.

My fridge badly iced up (couldn’t close door) – then the sharp ice cut me, trying to chip it out yesterday afternoon.

I am finding these dating knock-backs hard to stomach, very wearing - my Saturday Date did not want to meet again.

I had 2 & ½ days of constant Boom Boom speaker noise (since Saturday) from back neighbour – vibrating through the entire house. It continued all last night, until after 3am this morning.

So I couldn’t sleep last night, until after 3am this morning. Exhausting. I cannot understand why (how) no neighbours complain about it – it’s ear-splitting, ear plugs cannot shut it out.

Very jaded & tired.

Adge

I feel like I am losing control of myself to another level of MI. The scarier thing is, I feel like nobody in my life is going to help me through this and that the buck starts and stops with me. I cannot even voice opinions at the moment without someone judging me.

I have been getting regret-after-the-event about my communications lately, both here on the forum, and in other areas of my online communications.

When I've tried to go to sleep over the past couple of nights, things I have expressed to other people have come back to haunt me in a big way. I have been self-hating about what my communications are saying about me 'between the lines'. I have been terrified others must be seeing right through me, seeing how truly ugly I am as a person. I fear people I care about will reject me in an angry way, as I am rejecting myself. 

I have also been having some awful dreams that are affecting me a lot on waking. This is not usual for me. Just woke up from one a little while ago. That's why I'm here, writing this so I don't have to go back to sleep and dream again.

I think I felt a 'me too' when I read your post @Mazarita. After all this time I still can’t come close to finding balance on the forum or feeling ok about what I write and when and to whom :face_with_rolling_eyes:🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Life is hard 😞 😞 😞 😞

I think I've got a touch of depression going on. I keep feeling teary & shouting out loud in anger. I live out in the sticks, in a 110 zone, when I got the ticket I'd
just gone into a 100 zone. As the copper put it, I'd become complacent about the area where the zone changes, I'd say because I've lived here for 18 years, I know to
slow down before town. That means I'm instantly 10km over the limit - I was doing 113, thinking I was still in the 110 zone. That he didn't take that into consideration
sucks. There is nothing where I was picked up, in fact from my little town for an hour or 2 to the next town . . . there's nothing, it's one of those places where
you've got to make sure you fuel up first because there isn't even a service station. I can't believe the amount of fines I've gotten out here. I just checked my
license points, I've only lost 3 all up, 1 for each fine - I'm sure that copper said 3 for this one, which is why I was worried about my license. These fines are about
260-270 a pop, when I got the 2 in one go I wasn't aware of that, I actually took one into the police station to explain I'd already paid for it, just to be told no it
was a seperate one; of course by then I was late paying it & it went into the 400's! All of them I'm under 13kms over the limit, all of them were in speed zone change
areas. I'm on a pension. I'm committed to 3000 for the fence, tomorrow I'll pay 500 to get my brakes done, 70 of which is for a susposed neccessary clean underneath the
car & they tell me there's still more to do after that. It feels like everything's just piling up too much, I can't carry it, I don't want to continue. I don't know why
but it's making me feel so very alone. I wasn't doing anything dangerous, I am a safe & polite driver, I had my puppies in the back I wasn't going to risk harming them.
I want to drink, I want to wipe this feeling away; this feeling of injustice, unfairness, helplessness, the 'why me' syndrome. I don't care how pathetic I'm being, it's
how I feel.

I'm regretting my career options and feelings extremely overwhelmed with everything going on around me. I'm not trying to impress anyone but myself. I think I make progress in some areas, but not in others where I should be focusing on. I keep telling myself "All in good time" but that isn't enough I don't think. Starting to lose my mind and it does seem rather futile at the moment. Can only hope I'm doing the right thing.

I'm over dealing with life and people.. I'm over dealing with myself.. It's a bloody joke as far as I'm concerned.. can't win!. No matter what i do..

I'm feeling very dejected at the moment. I'm struggling to come to terms with having a serious Hernia (Dr said) - directly caused by my 3 emergency bowel surgeries. Now I need another (4th) surgery, to fix it. The wound was left open, when it split (they wouldn't re-stitch it) - so that's exactly where the hernia is. Instead of supportive responses from people I've told, it's been - "Well at least you're still alive", & "I told you so" (from my Mum)(when she hadn't). Very hurtful & unsympathetic. I'm in some physical pain (not too much) - they don't seem to care about that. The Dr said to go to hospital emergency, if it gets worse (or too painful). No thanks... Adge
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126