Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Hibiscus1
Contributor

Any active support groups for BPD?

Hi 

I’m looking for a support group for my husband and I. 18yo with BPD and 27 yo with BPD, and the struggle is real. We’ve signed up for Family Connections, but it’s in a few months.  All the sites I’ve looked at - don’t have forums atm. 

thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Any active support groups for BPD?

Hey @Hibiscus1 ,

Maybe @BPDSurvivor can help 🙂

Hi @Hibiscus1 , I was just mentioning to someone else that I am doing some work with the Australian BPD Foundation and may be able to point you to the direction of services in your state if you are interested.

I don’t know what state you live in though.

All the best. It is a totally treatable condition. I know because I’m living proof.

Hi 

yes you are proof ❤️ 

We are in North West Tasmania - so I imagine an online forum would be best. I can’t find any! 

thanks xx 

Hi there @Hibiscus1 

Have you check facebook? I just had a quick look and they have quite a few support groups, some for parents of children with BPD. 

Hope that helps a little

Hanami

Hi and thank you 

I am on a FB group for families/carers  - but that's not a group who meet and discuss/support,  and it's not necessarily moderated by professionals or people with experience.  I'm looking for an online group that meet and discuss - like a AA family group - i would have thought there were many, but i can't identify any that are up and running. Some of the FB groups are, umm unsafe - as there are members with BPD, who 'react' ... not really the safe space I am looking for.  

Hiya, 

BPD Community looks to still be running an online BPD family/friends/carers group every 3rd Tuesday online. You can see more here: Family And Friends Group (bpdcommunity.com.au)

Hope that helps 🙂 

That’s a great tip @cjmcr ! @Hibiscus1 , did you read the post above from @cjmcr ?

thank you 🙏🏼 so much. I couldn’t find that - and it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for 💕 

@cjmcr  thank you 🙏🏼 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126