Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Caretaking and Caregiving

Thanks @Former-Member I will look at it.

I spent last night listening to other 2 videos by Patrick McKeon.

I saw another video which admitted to the spectrum between diagnoses, BiPolar and the Schizophrenias, which is what I have always believed.

Facing up to the one written dx I have seen for my boy, which is BiPolar I. Why is he not on the med that is cheapest and most effective.  Seems I have a lot of advocating to do to get him help.

[Edit} Read it. Yes. I have lived in a hi-jacked house for 15 years.Slight moves to take it back over last 2 years.  My son has found the maturity to apologise for being so hard on me, but the reality is that he is not well and I was walking on egg shells. 

I hope through our current crisis, he can finally get the help that he deserves.

Thanks @BenHarper I did not see your response til now.

When I said your lady was lucky I did not mean to minimise her pain, but that she has someone to care.

Oh yes it is a very legitmate interest, but it was something about the way he engaged with me on it that worried me.  We are now in a full blown episode 3 weeks later. It is his 2nd episode, his first was 3 years ago.  It is serious enough, that it is now out of my hands and I have to pray that the justice system can help bring about some justice.

I am a greenie who did Geology 30 years ago but refused to work in mining.  My son was engaging with it on a very current and well documented level, but it was the level of fear he aroused in me that aroused my concern re his MH, just a sign of how close we are, I guess. So that week I went to a lecture at my old lecture theatre and took the temperature of the best academics in our country, did a lot of research and pulled back my fear level regarding selling my house and moving to the mountains. I had an agent value our house so all was transparent for my son, so he could see what our various options are.  I guess I am now trained in reality testing as his dad had schizophrenia.

But for now I have to get a team on my son's side and will be tied up with his GENUINE needs for a while. 

I can't believe how simple it is. And here I was trying to make it complicated... Thank you for this linkSmiley Happy

Hello @outlander and @PeppiPatty 

this is the thread i was telling you about xx

thanks @Shaz51 Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126