Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: How to manage self sabotage

From time to time people have told me I do this. I don’t notice it though. The one time I did was a few weeks ago when I had to do an emailed test for a job I’d applied for and drank half a bottle of gin in the hour before it started. I didn’t need to, just did. I really needed the job too <shrug> I don’t know the answer to your question @The-red-centaur I guess the first step is knowing when you’re doing it.

How's everyone been going with recognising self sabotage and avoiding it where possible?

I'm posting in this thread because I'm having self sabotagey thoughts tonight and don't really know what I want to do about them. Guess I should go back and read my other post on the first page huh...

@Teej

@Teej wrote:

Me too with this topic. Have done it today 😔

i don’t know why I have today. For me I know it’s not about not deserving it. I think it’s more a fear of the crash that will come after or being too high and therefore impulsive and then fearful of inadvertently destroying something or someone. 

Do you feel like you dont deserve to have a good, satisfying , pleasing day? That at some point the thoughts plays in your mind on what might go wrong next or whats coming cause its too good to be true for my day to be smooth and conducive to my desires and imaginations of what a pleasing day looks like? Seeking more clarity

dont fear what you cant control and trust yourself. dont fear messing up as if you have some mission to be perfect in others eyes. Be pleased with your own efforts knowing you are doing all you can with pure intent to produce a pleasant outcome for you and those you care about

know that your intentions are good and thats what matters at the end of the day. not the manner in which others judge your efforts by. live in your world as far as knowing you and not allowing other peoples' opinions and judgements to define you

also do not let your thoughts define you...choose your thoughts and choose only the ones that produce a pleasant feeling when meditating on the very thought. realize you have the power to choose and create your reality

yes indeed we are what we think but not what you think at any given moment in time as that would be chaotic...however its about a resonance of maintaining a consistent pattern of pleasing and satisfying thoughts by choice. This has an effect on each cell in your body resulting in an over all feeling of well being and results in a very healthy mind and immune system. this causes the reflection of your outside world to change to match what you're feeling on the inside

forgive yourself for so called bad choices in the past so that you wont feel trapped and on egg shells about now and future decisions especially when its selfless....you should never get in a mind war about messing something up that you are doing to benefit and please others!! Release yourself...dont be hard on yourself and therefore if youre not hard on yourself, you wont accept the pressure to perform up to some status!! Be You and be Okay with how you do the things you do and the plans you feel are best!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126