Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hi @Teej, thank you for the lovely things you have posted to me here and on the other thread today. I so much appreciate it. I haven't been chatting much on the forum at all lately, except for the early morning get-togethers here and some other non-chat posts to members as I'm able. Always wishing you well. Sending hugs if you'd like them. Also this, just 'cos it's purple... Heart

Field of Flowers

@Zoe7, loving your posts around the place too. Hope life is being as kind to you as possible, while getting through this last part of the working year. Heart

I'm very OK thanks @Teej. It's still close to 30 here and I'm just too hot to think about going to bed. That's all 🙂 Tonight was great. The place we went feels really good, we met some friendly people, it was welcoming and mine was so excited about it all. It helped with all lots of anxiety. Big night next week 🙂

How are you going? Hows your tummy?

Thanks @Mazarita. I’ve been thinking the same thing about you, that I’ve been posting around you. It’s not been my intention at all. I still find your posts inspiring and grounding in the best possible way even though we don’t get to chat much, mostly me I think. I have lots of anxiety about chatting socially on the forum these days. It’s something I hope to overcome. I second guess myself about how boring and pitiful my stuff is......but I can read your posts about boiling water with so much interest because of the way you write 😘. I love the rave thread still and the conversations that happen there but have not contributed for a long time now. It’s a totally me thing 😳:face_with_rolling_eyes:. 

And thank you for the beautiful purple image. 💜🤗😘

@Zoe7 thank you for your lovely words too. I’m still following your day to day life as well. Keep going you’re getting there. 

@CheerBear Sooooo glad tonight went well. I am glad you are excited for them. Good luck for next week. There were lots of tears when that era ended for loads of the kids on the last day. Mine not so much though :face_with_rolling_eyes:. 

Tummy is still not great. Bit the bullet and did a stool sample yesterday. I’m not expecting anything bad. It could be a bacterial infection. Dr was good today although I had a shaky moment that I’m still not sure how I feel about it. 

Haha with yours @Teej! Mine is tearing up each day now already. The excitement about what's next is great though 🙂

Hoping theres a fix for your tummy that's easy and quick. Listening if you'd like to share your shaky moment, but understanding you might not too.

It’s really quite silly @CheerBear. My psych always emails my GP pretty long detailed reports from my appointments. I thought they wouldn’t happen so much any more because of the frequency I’m seeing the psych. Last week I told my GP that she didn’t need to waste her time reading them all anymore. She responded politely saying she enjoys reading them 🤦‍♀️

Last psych visit is it I asked my psych not to record a section of my appointment. She agreed but then asked if she could take notes for herself and not for my file. I said as long as she promised they wouldn’t end up on my file. They ended up in the report to my GP.  It rocked me. My GP reassured me that my psych isn’t judgemental and she thought her notes were good. She also said she feels like this psych has my back and thinks she’s good. It was mixed for me. I don’t know if there was miscommunication about what could be included or whether she breached my trust. 

I don't think that's silly at all @Teej and that is very much the kind of thing that could trigger volcano insides of mine. I really hope that there was a miscommunication (more understandable that way) than an intentional breach.

Is it the kind of thing you'll bring up with psych?

Yeah I will. @CheerBear Definitely. It’s just left me rattled. 

Totallu understandable @Teej. That's the stuff that can make my head do this 🤯

Glad you feel OK about talking to them. Hop you get a response that helps.

One last rant venty thing and then I’m going to try to sleep @CheerBear. I’m upset because there have been lines drawn and conclusions made about stuff from my past that isn’t that simple. It’s so much more complex than it was written. 

I hope it’s getting cooler there. It’s still 28 here now. I’m hot 🥵. Hoping this heat wave passes but it’s another hot day here tomorrow. I hope you sleep. 💜🤗

Hi @Teej @CheerBear @Mazarita Lovely as always to see you all here supporting each other Heart

I have had a pretty good day (wrote a detailed rant on Am Not Coping lol)

Having huge missing F&H feelings though but I will get through it - I know she will still get our posts so that helps.

I understand your feelings of trust @Teej and hope also that it was a miscommunicationm and that she does have your back as your GP has said. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126