Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

It’s ridiculous o'clock and I haven’t slept. Thinking a bear of some cheer (🤞🏻...for the some cheer) is around. I hope it’s not too hot there @CheerBear. We managed 40.5 yesterday but it’s a lovely 23 now. Now just need to sleep 😬. Thinking there maybe a Maz around as well but not sure. 

Im not here for long but wanted to say hi. Am itchy and twitchy and might have a shower. 

Gooood morning @Teej (says a cheery enough cheerbear). We had just under 40 yesterday and apparently it is 23 now, though the house feels about 123 😉 I'm going to go outside and feel the nicer weather myself I think.

Any reason in particular for the no sleep?

And a morning to you @Mazarita if you're up also ❤

Good morning @Teej, just woke up not long ago. Sounds like it's still hot where you are. I'm itchy too, but it's for other reasons, related to meds, I think. I also need a shower but won't be doing that until later today.

I read about your psych report. That would bother me a lot. In fact, I've been thinking of talking to my psych about something I've been keeping to myself the whole time I've seen her, because I really need it to be completely confidential, not open to the possibility of others knowing about it and maybe misunderstanding. Your experience has made me pause again about saying anything.

How are you, aside from itchy and twitchy? Maybe you are in the shower now.

Good morning, @CheerBear, just got a notification that you are online too. Haven't read the message yet. Will post this and go do that now.

It is a beautiful 23 here too @Teej. Feels so much nicer! I had to tiptoe around two crashed littlers sleeping in undies looking hot and bothered in the lounge room. They'll enjoy the change too.

How are you feeling this morning @Mazarita? Hope the not so good feelings went away for you yesterday.

Morning @Mazarita@CheerBear

We we are having spots of rain in patches and it’s really nice. My house was horrid before...like 123 😉

I think my no sleep is hormonal and just been happening a lot lately. Then I take sleeping meds and sleep. I’m still not showing any signs of hitting menopause yet but am getting in full swing with peri menopause now. I’m going to be late to go through it (on the older side of normal I think) :face_with_rolling_eyes:. Maybe I’ll be one of those who go to 60 😲🤯. 

I was writing notes Maz for my psych before. I will definitely challenge her on what is in my file. I think I’m more frustrated of the conclusion drawn. When I was going through the assessment to see the psychologist every appointment was recorded. That was pretty horrible too. I did make her stop the recordings once. I hope you can work through until you can trust them. 

@CheerBear, glad to hear it's cooler for you now. Guessing you might be outside enjoying it by this time. Woman Happy

My bad headache from yesterday morning lasted all day, and I had a very quiet one getting extra sleep in bed, then falling asleep again in the armchair. It slowly got a bit better as the day proceeded. Then evening came, which often makes me feel better than I have been during the day, and I was able to do some work on watching the remaining videos for the comp. 88 videos down, 26 to go!

This morning, I'm okay. But I've been having a physical problem that seems to be getting worse lately. I'm seeing a doctor on Monday about it. It's probably related to meds, but not sure why it seems to be getting worse.

How are you today, aside from surviving the heat?

@Teej menopause and almost everything about it sounds awful. Did you struggle through hormones before this also? I read people who have tricky PMS related stuff often have trouble with menopause stuff too. It's probably still a while away for me but I'm dreading it already.

Hugs to both of you for the stuff to work through with your psychs.

@Mazarita sorry to hear your headache lasted a while yesterday. Glad you're feeling better with that one this morning. No good about the other physical problem though. Woohoo with the videos - did you enjoy going through them?

I am good this morning thanks. I had thr best day I had for a few weeks yesterday and have woken up feeling more positive and settled inside again. I worked out some money stuff yesterday which helps with stress a bit and am actually getting excited about the fun of the next couple of weeks for the little crew, a big especially 🙂

Hows today looking for you both?

I’m glad you’ve had an ok day. You deserve one after the last few weeks. It’s great to hear you excited for the coming advenures of LF......although I’m guessing you maybe starting baby shark territory soon 😄@CheerBear

@Mazarita great job getting through all those videos. I hope you are enjoying the process. 

I have had stages of being hormonal @CheerBear through my life. I’ve had a pretty cruisey time of getting them compared to many, my mother suffered lots at this stage. I’ve always been on the extra emotional side though and tip over really easily. Sometimes I’ve felt like I’ve had poison running through my veins at PMS times in that I am feeling really agitated and get angry easily (inwardly). 

Today I am going to potter around my house and make the most of the cooler weather. Maybe go to the market but we don’t need much. I’m hoping to go to Bunnings as well. I need some compost and potting mix. I think I have one of mine home but he is working from home. 

Dropped out there for a bit to make myself an early breakfast. I'll probably have another one later! Smiley Tongue

@Teej, it's not so much that I don't trust my psych. It's that I know she could be compelled to provide information under certain circumstances, and that could make something very tricky indeed in my real life. It's not anything illegal I'm doing, and my circumstances require it, but it could be interpreted badly by people who want to interpret it badly. It's a pity though because there's a major part of my life that worries me a fair bit, that I can't talk to my psych about.

I was so ignorant about matters menopausal, I spent the whole of my 40s thinking I was going to get it any moment. Didn't even know I was going through perimenopause when that wreaked havoc in my life. I started menopause itself when I was about 53, which is only about a year above average, as I've since discovered. I found perimenopause much more difficult on the level of mood and mind. Menopause itself has been far less trouble, except on the physical level. A body that overheats at the drop of a hat (probably also related to meds), as well as an increase in the physical signs of aging, like altered appearance, weight gain and a lot more physical ailments cropping up with more regularity.

@CheerBear, so good to hear you had such a great day yesterday, and have sorted some things with the financial aspects of what is needed. Lovely to think of happy and excited LF. I am enjoying going through the videos. After the last 26, I plan to rewatch about 20 that are in my top ratings. Then maybe watch again after I've shortlisted further. Want to be as thorough as possible before coming to a decision. So many good videos, it's hard to have to leave so many of them out of the prize winning selection.

Today, nothing much planned aside from more of the video stuff, which is so busy just now.

How about you and @Teej? What are things looking like in your world for today?

We've been a bit baby sharkish for a while now @Teej. I'm sure there will be some/many challenges, but generally they're a pretty easy enough one to ride through it with so far 🤞

Hope that this really rough hormone stuff settles soon enough and doesn't drag on until 60 for you!

Pottering sounds like a pretty great day, especially in the cooler weather. Our garden is in desperate need of some TLC from me but it needs to wait just a little longer.

That sounds really tough with your psych and the needing to provide information if you disclose it @Mazarita. To me that keeping things to myself is a bit of a breeding ground for not so nice feelings. Hugs.

I had no idea the average age of menopause. I was thinking it was about 45. So much ugh for the things women have to go through with it all!

Really glad you have your videoing projects happening. It's a great dilemma to have so many good videos to choose from!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126