Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I’m probably on track for about the same age as you @Mazarita, although who knows. I am going through the heat stuff more and more @Mazarita. I think very scatterbrained as well. My psych and therapist both think it’s having a fairly big impact on me, thus being coerced into taking HRT. 

The videos sound like a lovely thing for you to be doing at the moment. Enjoying others creativity and not having put that pressure on yourself for that creativity for something different. 

I am assuming you don’t have air conditioning either @CheerBear. I’m hoping to get it this summer. My family might help out with it. I refused their help last year but this year I might do it. If I could manage to settle my family house with my ex and him pay me out it would help so much just now. He is playing games though. It’s going to be a long drawn out process I think.  🤬. I have a feeling it’s a couple of years away still. 😕

@Teej, I was drafting while you had already posted, so missed your last post until after I'd posted mine. Smiley Tongue

Pottering in the cool weather sounds like a good way to spend the day. Gardening is good too, but it's not something I enjoy, though I wish I was more that way inclined in some ways. It seems a beautiful thing to do.

@CheerBear, it is tough with the psych and my issues, which relate to relationships and sexuality, which is something I'd really like to talk through. I have not had sex for a long time and it's okay with me, but I'd like to talk about it and whether it's something I really want to continue forever. I also have a crush on someone, and it's been going on for over a year without much abating. It's incredibly inconvenient and not something I would want to pursue, aside from the fact that it's highly unlikely anything would happen. I wish menopause took away these kinds of feelings!

I'd encourage you not to worry too much about menopause. The physical aspects are a challenge, and just the fact of aging, which for me has seemed to play catch up at a faster rate. But the mood and mind stuff really has not felt worse for me than where I was before. In fact I feel better mentally and emotionally overall than I ever did before, I think, at this time in my life. Plus, it's awesome not to have periods! Woman Happy

That time it was a real snap, @Teej! We posted within seconds of each other. Woman Happy

I decided not to go HRT, partly, perhaps mainly, because I already take a lot of medications. One of the advantages of HRT though, as far as I'm aware, is that it delays the physical signs of aging. I'm less vain as I've got older, though not lacking in it completely! I do miss my youthful appearance, which last very well all the way through my 40s really. 

It is good with the videos, kind of relaxing to be viewing rather than making, though I also have a bunch of making projects lining up behind the judging one too. It's inspiring seeing so many good videos, and seeing so many different approaches to this genre. I'm sure it will enrich my creative process to have had this experience. It also makes me marvel that my videos have been selected for various screenings, when there is so much good work to compete with.

That’s the bit I’m hanging for @Mazarita. No periods! @CheerBear It is a strange thing in that you kind of don’t know that you are experiencing it (the emotional and forgetfulness parts) as such until you connect the dots. I think mental health problems like depression and anxiety are much easier to recognise....so it’s not all bad. I think it’s been hard to work out what is depression and anxiety and what is hormonal.

Oh @Mazarita i hope you can find a space to talk about it in a way that you feel secure about. It’s obviously a big thing for you to hold on to. 

Im going to head off now I think. The birds are just starting here and I’m finally feeling sleepy. Wishing you both a lovely cool and peaceful day 💜🤗

We have air conditioning which I'm so thankful for @Teej as I've lived in a couple of places that didn't. It's in the lounge room and only reaches the part of the house that's away from the bedrooms, plus it costs a fortune to run, so I use it carefully. Way better than not having it though. Sorry about your ex and the games. That one seriously, seriously sucks 😔

@Mazarita that's really tough and I can see why you'd want to talk with your psych about it. Is it the kind of thing you could find an anonymous place to talk it through, or talk about talking about it through with? Maybe that's not something you'd do though, not sure. Also tough with the crush if it is inconvenient! I'm kind of glad menopause doesnt take away those feelings in a way, though I get why it would have its benefits if it did! I like some parts of sexuality stuff, but other parts, like the whole navigating the relationship side of it, I could give a miss 😉😆

That’s awesome @Mazarita about being inspired but also the reward of knowing that in a competitive arena you are doing so well. It put a smile on my dial to read. 💜

Hope your day is a good one for you @Teej. So nice to see you this morning ❤ Please say hi to your garden pretties for me 😊

Have a good one, @Teej. Great to catch up for a chat this morning. Woman Happy Heart

@CheerBear, I don't know where to go for an anonymous discussion about these issues, aside from here on the forum. For some reason I find it hard to go into detail about it all even here. A bit paranoid about those same legal implications, I guess. I hear you on the liking some parts and not some others about sexuality, CB! If I was ever to resume that particular activity, I'd also have to sort through some physical issues that would currently make it painful. What a crazy mixed up kid I am, even at my age! Smiley Tongue

I understand with finding it hard when there are possible legal implications @Mazarita. I'm almost paranoid about being found here and having it used against me somehow. I think slowly talking like you are, as I've read what I think is you touching on this one before, is a really great step and start. Slowly and at your pace. Perhaps somewhere like the helpcentre could help even if it is pointing you in the right direction too, if you ever felt like giving it a go. I also sometimes use the "hypothetically, if someone disclosed x, what would your response be" approach to figuring out where I stand with things. Not sure if that's always helpful, but it has been for me in the past. Either way, hugest hugs for the tricky!

I have physical (and lots of emotional) stuff that can be difficult with that particular activity too Maz. I had to have some really honest and scary feeling conversations with smelly friend that helped me be able to get there. I appreciate and respect your mixed upness 😊🙂

I'm aware that you have those feelings of paranoia too in relation to some of your stuff, @CheerBear. I think you might be the expert at talking about things in a roundabout way, and I've learned some things from seeing you do it, including how not to say stuff that we really want to say, for the better good of things.

It's helped me feel quite a bit easier and better even just touching on these things here today, which is more than I've done on the forum in the past. As you might imagine, some of what I'm describing could have messy impact on my relationship with C. Not really ready to say more about that, but you can probably imagine some of it.

It's pretty funny to be sitting here talking about sexuality when I haven't had a shower for over a week. Sexy plus, eh? Smiley LOL

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126