Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

That's funny with the beach @Mazarita! I can't imagine living in the sunshine with a warm watered beach and not going for years!

Those side effects don't sound like fun and it's a shame we have to compromise with things like that sometimes with meds. It's like the contraceptive I have booked in. My GP and I are pretty sure it was adding to dark and twisted head, especially with PMS times. But the side effects of it and of other options are not as bad as not having it as I've just experienced. I'll just to have to find a way to manage it all.

Hope you get to visiting your friend today. That often feels good for you.

Today we're heading home as weve been with well and unwell one since yesterday morning. I have some housework to do as we have people staying a night this week and need to make room. One of those people is unwell one who'll need as few trip hazards and space as possible as they have a frame and stick now and trouble with mobility. That's about all for us today 🙂

Oh we had a similar sounding morning here too. It was wet but not raining so there was a thick mist lingering under the street lights ❤

Thick mist under the street lights sounds quite atmospheric, @CheerBearWoman Happy

Nice that you have been visiting well and unwell ones. Wondering how they are they going, if you feel like talking about it. Understand if not. 

From what you have said now, I think I may have been wrong about the kind of contraceptive planned for you. I think the one you are referring to is one I've never been able to take since I was 17, when it seemed to flare up my crohns disease for the first time. Got big red lumps on my legs, which are a known complication of crohns, as well as a pile of other symptoms leading to diagnosis. Might have just been a coincidence that I was taking the contraceptive at the same time as crohns was flaring up in me anyway. But didn't seem worth taking a chance! Consequently I've used just about every other method of contraception known. Can imagine how dark and twisty mind could be an unfortunate side effect of it for you. Hugs.

They're going OK-ish thanks @Mazarita. Their relationship is better as well one put their foot down about what behaviour they'll accept and not which was received well and for that I am very relieved. It was my biggest worry. The reality of unwell one's life expectancy is sinking in and they have a big mind battle with it. Yesterday they spent the day doing things with the little crew like Christmas craft and board games which was so lovely. They can't really do anything they used to be able to do and it seems it's given them an appreciation of those moments. I especially enjoyed the even kid to adult ratio yesterday as the crew are much easier that way 😉😆

That sounds really tough with the crohns and another thing youd have to try and work meds around 😏 I'm a total snowflake with anything medical really so this is the one that has the least amount of actual medication, yet still it seems to do that. I will now have many more psych sessions than I've had in the past and will be able to plan and work out strategies for any dark and twisted side effects though. Contraception is way annoying to try and work out, particularly if the other person isn't wanting to use the usual, readily available option. Another thing that often falls too heavily on women to manage!

So true about the responsibility for contraception mostly falling on women, @CheerBear. Good to hear you are going for the one with the least medicated effect. So great you are getting the additional psych sessions. I know it's something you've really wanted and will be helpful to you. 

Xmas craft and board games with the LF sounds lovely, and great there was a better ratio of adults to kids. I can see how that would be a relief for you at times. Great to hear the relationship negotiations between adult loved ones is working itself out okay. Wonderful that they are appreciating the special moments shared. 

I'm going to head offline now for some more sleep. Hugs and all good stuff your way today. Heart

Thanks @Mazarita. Lots of good stuff I can remember and appreciate 🙂

Hope you sleep well and your day goes the way youd like it to ❤

Morning (just) @CheerBear@Mazarita, (and those nearby @Zoe7@outlander,  @Faith-and-Hope) and anyone passing through. 

went to sleep possibly just before your silly o’clock but slept until now 😲☺️. 

Maz I don’t think I fully acknowledged your twisty feelings the other morning. I’m sorry for that. When I re read it I understood how difficult it is for you and your need to talk through it with confidence that it can’t be accessed by anyone else. I also wanted you to know you have my full support. The stuff you are going through is really complex. I hope you are able to work through it at some stage. 

I spent yesterday researching (read Dr Google) what might be causing my :pile_of_poo:'s. My tests came back with everything being free from bacteria or any other surprises. I’ve been so scared of it being IBS because of the foods (and alcohol) that I may have to loose in my diet that I would struggle to part with. Long story long I think the more I researched it that i think I’m more likely to have a gluten sensitivity. I rang my mum who is gluten sensitive these days. She told me that it happened around the time of menopause for her. I’m hoping that this is my culprit. Although I love gluten foods (bread, pizza etc) it’s an ok thing for me to have to give up, probably even healthy. It also explained why I was so vitamin and iron deficient. It also would help me to understand why my body is immunosuppressed and a mess. The last few weeks I’ve had so many little but annoying things because I’m so run down (Thrush, tinea, cold sores all over my face, throat infection, sore ears, totally fatigued etc). I’m not actually whinging (ok maybe a tiny bit) because I’m just feeling better about connecting the dots and like there are things I can do to feel better again. Yesterday I went gluten free. Today no rush to the toilet for me ☺️, yesterday I had been 4 times by lunch 😬. I know it’s early days but I’m hoping I’ve found out what’s giving me the :pile_of_poo:'s and other things. 😊. I know there are so many people with much worse than what I’ve experienced and it helps give me an appreciation and more empathy. Well that’s my rant over my :pile_of_poo:'s 🤦‍♀️😳

Heres hoping that some good moments in everyone’s day. 

B161FE39-1B4F-43BB-93F3-D0BE92609912.jpeg

PS by the time I got to post this it is well and truly the afternoon. :face_with_rolling_eyes:😄

Hey @Teej 🙂

So good to hear that maybe there's a solution to your tummy issues, but ugh that it might be a gluten intolerance/sensitivity (so many yum foods with gluten 😕!). My person discovered the same kind of thing combined with thyroid issues (something about something that doesnt show up on normal thyroid functioning tests maybe, I don't know) at menopause/peri-menopause timing age too. Your perspective with it sounds like a great one to have and if it helps that's awesome. Still a bit to juggle/change/work through as far as food goes I imagine though.

I've just returned home from one of those trips out with the kids that makes you never want to go on trips out with the kids again. Instead of taking big, middle and little, I took surly, sooky and boisterous, which, in combination with a hectic and busy shopping centre, was so unfun. I now just have cranky on my hands (except little who is still bouncing off the walls). This time of the year can be so full on for them, as I think you might remember! Only 2 weeks of school to go.

Hope the afternoon is going well for everyone ❤

I hope you have found the cause of your problem there @Teej and it starts getting better for you. It is difficult to cut out certain foods but if it helps ith your issue then that is a good thing. There are a lot of foods I can't eat and some in combination really affect my IBS - but that has taken a lot of trial and error over the years to work out also. I also have medication to help with the pain and also to help with the stomach and bowel issues but not eating certain foods helps keep those to a minimum also.

I hope you can get on top of what is happening for you as running to the toilet constantly certainly affects everything else in your life - and being really run-down wuld also be causing this to all be worse. Take care of you Hon Heart

That sucks that the LF were so difficult for you @CheerBear I hope they settle a bit more for you for the rest of today. Shopping centres can be noisy busy places at this time of year anyway so to add in your own little voices would have been so difficult. I hope you got done what you expected to do anyway CB.

I have been sleeping this afternoon - layed down to watch something on tv and couldn't keep my eyes open - but I knew I was tired still so not unexpected.

I have nearly finished my planning for tomorrow - will do that tonight (not much to go so shouldn't take long).

I hope the rest of today is better for you CB Heart

Thanks @Zoe7. I really dont like busy shops at the best of times and this time of the year I want to be nowhere near them. One needed a haircut and one needed some shoes for their big night this week so I had to take them out with me to the big shops which is never my favourite thing to do. Little was bursting with over stimulation and Christmas hype, middle lost their favourite and 'special' drink bottle (and it was actually the end of the world really, according to them) and big wanted shoes they couldn't walk in so I said no. We got everything done though which is good and I picked up little a nice outfit for the big night as they didn't have going out kind of clothes that fit, and they look very cute 😍 Quiet and slow for the rest of the afternoon for us.

I can imagine you'd be pretty tired after your week, and in need of some rest to get ready for the week ahead. Good to hear you had some. Is it a half or full day for you tomorrow?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126