Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Lol 😆 @CheerBear with your description of kids and today’s efforts. 😬 for having it all in busy shopping centres Made me think who I’d sometimes have on my hands. Mine would have been fidgety, surly, pouty and silent. Boisterous would have featured lots as well. 

Let the countdown begin 😏. School ending is good and bad from memory. I think I was a mum who mostly thought it was good though. No routines and them sleeping better and being a little less on edge was the bonus. Arguing and being in your face 24/7 not so much. 

Interesting that your person went through it too. I’ll see how it goes. I could be wrong with my self diagnosing as well. Yes giving up this won’t be easy. Bread is a hugely convenient, cheap food. Pasta has always been an easy go to as well. Everything gluten free comes with a big price tag is the frustrating part. It would be easier with a few more $ to spend on groceries. 

@Zoe7 Sorry you have IBS. I didn’t realise how many varied foods can set people off. I’m glad you know and manage your diet, also that there are meds to help. The thing that has been strange is that apart from feeling bloated and a general yuk feeling I haven’t had any pain with it. My whinge factor would have escalated hugely if I’d been having pain with it. Hoping your planning for tomorrow is going ok. 

Hugs 💜🤗

That all sounds so hectic @CheerBear - bet you are so glad you are home now. I still haven't done any christmas shopping which I will need to sort out soon. Money is really tight ts the moment with me only working a little bit here and there. I am doing a half day tomorrow and then a full day hopefully Thursday and my normal full day Friday. I have the same class tomorrow afternoon as I have had the last few afternoons and Fridays class will be the same one I have had on Friday's so far. Not sure what I will be doing on Thursday. Next week is the last week (as you already know) so I have no idea what I will be doing then. We have a meeting with HR tomorrow after school which we couldn't have on Friday because the HR person couldn't attend - hoping all this gets sorted more then.

It took 3 years to be diagnosed with IBS @Teej and in that time I went through so many times of pain - sometimes excruciating pain where I felt like or did pass out - so it is good that I know. There are some things like dairy and red meat that make it worse but I also have meds to reduce any inflammation and they really seem to help. I still need to be careful with what and how much I eat of certain things though. Feeling bloated and a general yuk still does not sound nice @Teej but it is good that you don't have any pain - more annoying then than anything.

Crossing everything for a good outcome for your HR meeting @Zoe7

274C4E9C-12C3-439F-9594-B3B33F65E081.jpeg

Thanks @Teej I have spoken to both HR and the principal about wanting to move schools so that will most likely come up as well. It is a decision I am still coming to terms with myself but I still feel it is the right one for me - too many bad memories and obstacles associated with this school now and I don;t think I have been treated at all fairly and that kind of issue stays with us - so best to start fresh somewhere else.

Love the image @Teej - will take that one with me tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

Anyone want to come kid-sit? 😏😖

@Teej GF foods can be way more expensive which sucks heaps. I was really surprised by it when person was here, and by how tricky it can be to find meals when you're used to not thinking of it. Big hugs. Good to hear there was no pain though. And lol with your four. I'm going to call it and rename all of mine 'feral' today 😉

Also hugs for you @Zoe7. Money and this time of the year is a stress, and you have got the time issue to factor in also. Everything crossed the meeting goes well for you tomorrow. Really excited for you about what's to come once the feelings and the tricky with your big decision have passed.

I'm going to try and convince them to watch a movie while I do some housework (or to help me, but that'll be a biiig stretch this afternoon I think!). Hope the rest of the afternoon goes well for all ❤

I feel like it will be some time until I know anything also @CheerBear and the time factor weighs in here too but there is nothing I can do about that just now - I need to concentrate on this week and getting through it. It is also my birthday week so have to contend with that also - although that is not as big an issue this year as it has been - am going out for dinner with the family mid week so need to have everything sorted for Thursday and Friday before then ...and Wednesday is also my big day of appointments (GP, DBT, pdoc and psych all on the one day) so it will be a very long day. 

I hope your LF can settle for a movie and let you get on with the housework. I have a little Toby snuggled in with me so delaying getting up and doing things myself lol

Step by step and day by day is the way to go @Zoe7 and right now it seems you're doing an awesome job with it all.

Your week sounds big 😕 I wouldn't forget about it being your birthday week this week 😉 Is family dinner something you're looking forward to?

I did a little around the house which I needed to do, and had a bit of breakthrough moment with the one who was sooky then fiery. Working through that was more important than housework. They're about to watch a movie all much calmer than a couple of hours ago.

My friend (I'm not sure what to call him now as nothing feels right there) is coming over soon for a chat. It will be the first time I've seen him since I did what I did and I'm feeling a strange, weird, nervousness about seeing him. Ugh feelings - I could definitely do without them! 😉😖😕

Hope Toby snuggles were good (I'm sure they were)

Thank you for just checking in on me @CheerBear and all the best to you.
With all good cheers Bimby2
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126