Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Forgot to take my meds again

@jasJuc - I'm taking the meds at the new time. New sleep routine isn't working yet. I haven't been able to go to bed at a set time and wake at a set time. Just spending my days and nights in bed.
Can I ask why you've stopped taking your meds? How are you coping without your meds?

@JasJac the game is much the same as at the start really. I've been slow at playing it so that hasn't bothered me much. They're saying there'll be a big update soon where gyms are going to start giving nearby notifications if when they're being taken down and introducing more cooperative gameplay... Yet to see that happen.

@utopia i stopped my meds because I ran out of one of them and then stopped the other because of side effects - i was really depressed without realising it. i wasn't able to connect with other people, had delusional thoughts, billboards, pictures would stick out at me, i wasn't able to regulate or assess my body temperature which meant i was overheating easily, i couldn't understand questions that were being asked, i was really slow. It was nice to be able to feel again when i got off them. i didn't realise how bad the side effects were. it was easy at first because i could stop my thoughts and relax my mind - which is an awesome experience. i'd like to get to that headspace again. oh no i hope tonight will be better for you and there'll be something to wake up for and get out of bed to get the routine happening!

@TheVorticon ok thanks for the update.. how interesting. are you paying for game play or have they made it easier not to run of balls.  enjoy!

Hope you went ok with the meds tonight @utopia 🙂

@JasJac A few months ago I got about $10 free credit via surveys so that's the only money I've put in. Still constantly running out of balls, but I've found if I walk to and from the shops without catching anything and just spinning the stops, I can restock enough to last a bit of time. It helps that I never go to nests so don't have to stock up heaps.

@jasjuc. Wow they are serious side effects. Did your gp or psych come up with alternatives that don't have that type of side effects?
Do you use meditation or mindfulness or ... to clear your thoughts? I find meditation out in nature works best for me. I struggle when meditating inside. I like to feel the breeze or the sun on my skin & hear the sounds.

@TheVorticon I see, running out of balls was what stopped me eventually. are nests a new addition to the game?

@utopia i haven't really brought up the side effects with a GP or psych. i would be interested in other alternatives to have as choices. I do enjoy a good meditation and meditating has definitely been helpful. I can see how being aware of feeling the breeze and hearing sounds would be easier than inside. i feel relaxed just reading it 🙂

To not forget my medication I have purchased a am/pm pill box and set an alarm. The alarm's note function says 'take your medication'.
I am secure in knowing if I have taken the dose for the day and the time I usually have my medication.

Hi @JasJac

I think for me my hospital visits were more where my head was at rather than a direct affect of my medication. It just seems coincidence that I'd often end up in hospital the day after I'd missed my meds. I think it's more the combination but perhaps my missing meds happens when I'm not coping with my life so it's not a direct link to my meds. 

Best wishes. 💜🤗

@Former-Member ah it's intertwined then headspace links to taking or not taking meds. taking or not taking neds links to headspace Smiley Happy

@JasJac nah nests have always been there, it's just takes awhile to work out where they are particuarly for smaller ones. They're usually at parks where the same pokemon repeatedly spawns, although some nests have higher spawn rates than others. Nests usually change pokemon every ~2wks.

@utopia hope things are going ok

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126