Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: What Mental Health Help !!!!

Hello  @cheersquad, @Attahua, @NikNik, @Janna, @Untethered

Letting you know that My hubby has recieved a letter from the Doctor who saw him last August when he went into Hospital -- mental health unit

He doesn`t know if he wants to make a appoinment , thinking it might be a waste of time

what do you think ???

Mental health system needs a total overhaul!!!!!! I hear ya Shaz 51!!!!

I totally agree @Attahua

How are you today ? hope you had an ok week

Hello @cheersquad, @Attahua, @NikNik, @Janna, @Untethered

@Attahua, have been thinking of you alot today , hope you are ok xx

Hello @Untethered, @cheersquad, how is everything ??

Things just keep rolling along, my daughter seems to have turned a bit of a corner, engaging in her therapy and taling about future plans. Whilst it is all talk, and she still spends an enormouns amount of time in bed, things are calm and i am beginning to see the beautiful intelligent loving daughter I know coming back to me. I remind myself everyday of how much better things are now than before and have to be patient and supportive during this healing process, if we can get it right now then maybe it will stick! I want everyone to know that is currently overwhelmed with darkness that there is a light, even when you can't see it.

My thoughts, prayers and hopes for wellness are with everyone.

xx

Hello @Untethered

It is soo great to hear from you my friend

That is great news @Untethered

one day at a time my friend , sending you hugs HeartHeart

Hello Shaz51, sometimes I wonder what attracts these people to the job. Some of the people in MH services are tip top and others are unbelievably dreadful. Over the years we have had many, many changes of doctors and social workers. I am an advocate for those I care for (that is putting it politely); I have learnt to be adept at asking challenging and confronting questions. I have also written letters to the Minister for Mental Health and that really did have an impact. The consequences of ineptitude can be devastating as I have found in my situation. Make it clear what you expect.

Good morning @perseverer

how are you today ?

Thank you for your message , It has taken me a while to stand up and speak out  and also to ask questions on the behalf of my Husband who has MI and also for me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126