Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

Creativity in the arts has been a central part of my life since I was a child, and a lifeline through mental and physical illness. My main activity in this way these days is video making. Have made over 60 short videos in the past four to five years.

Main craft activity for me is knitting. Don't do it that often, but really enjoy it when I do. Here are a couple of past projects...

Close-up of stitches, 3 colours interwovenClose-up of stitches, 3 colours interwoven

The above was for a knit bombing project earlier in the year as part of a mental health arts day. It was about the size of a bathmat and was to be wrapped around a tree at the site of the event, along with lots of other knitting pieces made by other mental health people.

015-02.jpg

Another detail of my knitting, this time it was part of a jumper I made for C, my companion who I live with. I was knitting it for his 50th birthday. Finally finished it for his 51st! Here it is at a distance in its full final form.

014-02.jpg

The only thing that has been a constant in my life art wise is photography. Sometimes it’s been taking photos or creating images. In the old days it was in a dark room but recently (last decade) it has been using photo editing software like photoshop. For the last few years it’s been more collecting images that I’m drawn to which is mostly nature photos and landscapes. 

My fave theme is....

IMG_3832.jpegIMG_3731.jpeg3AB0028E-DA09-4E7C-BC38-D49D62A8B88D.jpeg0D84924A-AE7D-4494-94C3-77C07993FFEA.jpeg

The Earth’s magnetic field becomes visible .. Hi @Teej .. its mesmerising well saw it on tv

Yep @TAB and all because the sun had a dummy spit 😜. It is mesmerising @TAB. Saw your iron work and smiled. Definitely an art to getting beams to meet and go how they are meant to😄

Well that was off the Internet but one I made the other week same as horizontal one in middle ok with those plates and all the holes. Had to measure it myself, then old one got removed then put new one in. Prefer it when there’s drawings 😀 had 18 holes to match all in opposing directions and some at angles 🤯 usually someone else measures it and work off drawings @Teej

ok weld quals did recently it was done in overhead position ie  upside down to pic@Teej ok name , details deleted 

Definitely a mind and physical achievement @TAB 👍🏻. Welding is an art form in itself. I struggle with soldering, can’t imagine welding. 

Way to go @Shaz51

I can’t imagine why I still do it for a living @Teej lol did a couple courses on dole in 80s then got adult apprenticeship . Gave it away a few times. Its not all bad tho. At least its outdoors mostly and do get satisfaction from it ok depending on job lol

TY outlander, you must be very clever to learn all of what you told me. I do not have the patience to crochet, it looks lovely tho. I like using Art instruments, if my patience level is high. I get too picky & start over lots of times. My mind will wonder, if I do not stay focused. I was the same at school, always day dreaming, nothing wrong with having positive dreams, as long as they come true. Smiley Happy

@outlanderx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126