Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

10 signs of slipping into Psychosis by a Schizoaffective sufferer

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 10 signs of slipping into Psychosis by a Schizoaffective sufferer

This was really interesting @greenpea 

❤️

@Former-Member  Yes I thought it was.  I am alot of those mentioned however I cannot judge that I am having a psychosis during a psychotic rampage so in other words I have no insight during that period. Others would have to be aware and get me help.

It's difficult to keep insight during this time of slipping into psychosis.  I'm trying to stay afloat and look out for symptoms.  I know that the best thing for me is to communicate well with my partner always so we're on top of it.  I get most of the same symptoms as mentioned in the video except mania.

I recently discovered dads cousin suffered schizophrenia. I notice the psychosis element to all this. As she said brought on by stress. Drinking brings it out or lack of sleep. And the muddled thought. I have to watch again actually. It's quite tiring I think to live in an up and down state. I've been reading on the schizophrenia/bi-polar parallel. Most revealing indeed. I think it is difficult for one to notice their own changes. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126