Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi @Boonana @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope  Sorry I've not been around for a few hours.  We have received an invite to our neighbours place for BBQ lunch today, and I have been getting ready for that.  Hoping hubby will be okay to go.  Thankfully he uses his walking stick everywhere he goes these days, but I might try to convince him to take the walker this time.  Could be handy to come back with.  Dont want him falling over on the road.  This is a bit of a trial in preparation for Anzac Day, which he is desperate to get to.  I have today been sorting out clothes which still fit him.  He has lost a lot of weight.  Got pants, suit jacket and shirt which now look okay.  Also had to fix his anzac medals as some of them had the stitching coming undone.  They are really heavy so stitching breaks easily.  I'm hoping they'll hold up for the day on Thursday. 

By the sounds of things @Boonana , the school holidays are a particularly difficult time for you.  Too much time to think.  Not to worry, school is back next week.  And with all that gymnastics training you do, there will be little time for much else I'd imagine.  Love all the baby animal photos you all posted earlier too.

I also love sunflowers, such happy flowers.  My favourite however would have to be freesia's.  Its the first gift I can recall ever buying for my Mum. Not sure, but I think I'd have been around 5 or 6yo? Mum was particularly partial to bulbs and especially freesia's.  I bought a packet of mixed colour freesia bulbs and she let me help plant them. I can still picture the packet as I proudly handed them over to her.  It was for her birthday I think, or possibly mothers day.  It was so exciting watching them come up in spring time and see all the different colours.  So freesias have a lot of happy memories for me.

Lovely to see you drop in earlier @Appleblossom @Former-Member  - my kindest thoughts are with you both.

Okay, I will be away again now for a couple of hours at this BBQ.  Hope we get home relatively unscathed. @Zoe7  I think your Eels are playing at 4pm?  I will be watching.  Its quite exciting because they are playing at the new ground/stadium for the very first time.  

Sherry 💕

@Faith-and-Hope are you any good at drawing? I suck at everything so it would take a very long time before I like one of my drawings..

Hey @Former-Member
I hope you have a good time and hope your hubby can go too!
I literally have nothing to do these holidays.. I decided that I needed a break from gymnastics so I didn’t go this time.. I usually train extra in the holidays but I’m not training at all. It feels so strange.
freesia's Are such pretty flowers!

I am good at drawing @Boonana.  I have been drawing since I was little.  My mum and dad weren’t arty so much, but my mum was creative and made things, including seeing a lot of our clothes.  She always encouraged and supported me though, and late in her life she started to paint herself.

I am at art school now - late in life myself - and I am learning to draw more freely, and be happy with things that don’t look like “perfect”

drawings.  While very realistic drawings are beautiful too, there is much more of an understanding now about looser, more “arty” art forms.

I will post some sunflower art on the art thread and tag you there.  See what you think ..... you might like some of it and decide to make your drawings more like them.

I hope it turns out to be a lovely afternoon for you @Former-Member ....

Sorry for leaving again @Faith-and-Hope 😞

@Former-Member Hope the lunch went well and hubby was okay. I know how much he wants to get to the RSL club on ANZAC day so very much hope he is well enough to get there - it is a good thing he is using the walking stick - that makes it a bit easier for you but wuold certainly be better if he used the walker - less chance of another fall.

@Faith-and-Hope How is your sculpture progressing? Or have you done other work this afternoon?

Hi @Boonana You never need to be sorry for 'disappearing' for a while  we all need breaks from here ocassionally and that actually shows good self-care to take a break when you need to.

@Appleblossom  LOL - yes no cheese for me - had a giggle at you saying I miss out - you know me well Hon - love that Smiley Tongue

@Former-Member You are more than welcome here anytime Hon - whenever you pop in to give us updates it gives us a sense of how you are going and we can support you when you need. ...and it is quite okay to just post and leave - it keeps that connection here with us until you are ready or able to engage with us - and that has to be 100% when you can with no pressure at all from us. Hugs and hugs sweet Mumi Heart

Thanks @Zoe7
I still don’t know whether I should be here right now but I felt bad for leaving..

I'll be here for a little while @Boonana then I will be heading off again myself to watch the NRL game on this afternoon. My team is playing so I will perch myself in front of the tv (probably shout a lot at the tv when they make errors lol) and hope they can put up a good showing today.

It is okay for you to be here when you need you feel that connection - that is what we are here for Hon - so if you are reconnecting then that says to me that you need support right now - and that is okay.

I have had lunch - cleaned up and had a nap - so not much happening my end but it was good to shut my eyes for a while as I was still very tired.

Thanks @Zoe7
I’m just a bit sad still.. that’s all.
But I don’t know if I should be here right now because I’m finding it hard to cope and I don’t want to be triggering to anyone..

That is what we are here for Hon - especially in those times when you are finding it hard to cope @Boonana but I also understand completely if you need more time to yourself as well. We all need both time with others and time to ourselves - so no need to worry about being an imposition for being here right now or worrying us if you can't - we have all been in your position at different times Hon - so whatever you need we are okay with.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126