Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

outlander
Community Guide

Re: BPD

Hi @Bianca2 welcome to the forums 🙂
DBT is a type of therapy. Dialectable behavioural therapy. Not much info sorry as i havent done it myself but theres info on the net

Hi @Bianca2, Welcome to Forum Land. Smiley Happy

As @outlander noted, DBT stands for dialectical behaviour therapy. Some of us are working through the skills training component of DBT here in Forum Land: Let's do DBT We aren't progressing quite as quickly as we would like because life seems to keep getting in the way, but that's ok. You are extremely welcome to join us.  The thread starts off with a fairly detailed description of DBT.

@Flying_Hams You mentioned on another thread that you are concerned about the stigma around BPD. You are right - it is a horribly stigmatized diagnosis. However, the stigma is just that - stigma. It doesn't mean that the horrible things you hear about people with BPD are true.

You also mentioned that you feel you will know one way or the other whether you have BPD after your appointment tomorrow. Remember, your psychologist is just one person with one opinion. You could go to a dozen different mental health professionals and get a dozen different opinions. Their opinion will be based on how many boxes they think you tick. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) is the book that mental health professionals refer to. It is just a book - readily accessible to anyone. Anyone can go and read the relevant section of the DSM-V and see whether they think a particular diagnosis fits. Remember all that critical thinking stuff you learnt at uni @Flying_Hams? You are the expert on your life. You are just as capable of reading the DSM-V as any mental health professional. You know yourself better than anyone else knows you. Smiley Happy

Re: Boderline Personality Disorder

I have PTSD, BPD and Clinical depression, life can be cruel at times. The depression has been with me a long time but the others seem to have popped their heads up just to make me feel worse. I have had this thing where I tend to run away from how I feel and have lived in many different places in Australia. Now I am older I have realized what I was doing and it doesn't work as it just follows me. Thank you for sharing and I hope and pray you have at least one good day often.

outlander
Community Guide

@Holly24heres the BPD thread 

come meet some other members with bpd

@Heavenbound@Phoenix_Rising@Bianca2@Eden1919 @BlueBay@Sans911

Hey all 

I have bpd and im just wondering if not coping with change well is a bpd thing or what? For instance today I went to an organisation  and in the new year they have had some staff changes, changed the way things run a bit and taken some old artwork away etc  and I'm feeling rather anxious and unsettled by these changes that I have no control over. Why do  I feel so yuck.

outlander
Community Guide

Hi @Heavenbound sorry for not repsonding earlier
How are you going today?

Hello @STORMGRL101
Um im not too sure about your question. I know i deal with change pretty roughly too. More dramatic changes like having things run differently and new staff csn be particularly unnerving esp if your use to the way things were. I hope overtime you'll adjust and be ok with these new changes.
Hopefully some others will reply also

HI @STORMGRL101

I have BPD also, just 1 of a few things I'm struggling with atm. I also don't cope with change so it may go with BPD and I guess much is the same with us who suffer from that, but I also have noticed that a few things are different. I also struggle with decision making, it gives me really bad anxiety and makes me nervous like I want to run away. I know it is not fun when we just don't seem to be able to get control over some situations, it really does suck. I am sure those feelings you are having will go away and let's hope it happens fast. I just want to be well again in all aspects and I want it fast like yesterday. Woman Wink 

Hi @outlander, now I'm sorry I never read your message earlier. I have been having a rough time with all my issues and my head just won't stop over-processing everything. I haven't been on for awhile although I think about all my friends on here and wonder what and how they are doing. I see my psych this month although I can see him anytime if I'm desperate but find it hard to get the phone call made. Woman Frustrated Hoping and praying you are ok and finding some sunshine in your days. Hugss 

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Hi @STORMGRL101 sorry to reply so late I do think no coping with change can be part of bpd it just is another way to unsettle emotions which is already a problem for most people with bpd.
outlander
Community Guide

@Bluetoo this thread might help and your welcome to contribute
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126