Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need a little help tonight

You are not pathetic at all @Razzle You are hurt and angry - both I can commpletely understand. Your husband seems to be avoiding your questions and if that is the case then maybe talking is not a good idea just yet anyway - it can't all be on his terms - you have a say in all this and how you want it handled too because your needs and wants are just as important as anyone's. You deserve to be heard too so if you think it is not presently the right time for those hard conversations then take the time you need. He is the one that has hurt you so he cannot expect to say jump and you say how high - you and your welfsre are the most important right now Hon Heart

@Zoe7   I think you’re right, I really don’t want to talk to him tonight.

My head feels like it’s going to explode. I think I’ll take some pain killers and call it a night.

Thanks for checking in ❤️❤️

Sounds like a good idea @Razzle Hope you can manage some sleep and your head feels better. Goodnight Hon Heart

Hey @Razzle Checking in to see how your day has been and how you are Hon. Hugs Heart

Hi @Zoe7   I had to take mum to a near by town this morning to sort out something at Vic Roads.  Didn’t take very long.  She didn’t want to do any shopping so we went straight home.  Got home around lunch time.

My husband wanted to meet up late this afternoon.  Turned out to be a complete waste of time.  He tried to turn the blame onto me - he realised pretty quick that wasn’t going to happen.  He then admitted he could have avoided this whole mess if he’d just said something when he saw the text my son had sent me.  No apology or anything, tried to justify himself a couple of times, then we sat in silence for about 15 minutes, so I left.  Nothing is going to change, he doesn’t even realise just how much damage he has done.  

Mums been asking all night where he is, I said he’s working.  I’ve told her it’s busy on the farm and he’s staying out there for a while.  She then asked if there is a house to stay in.  We talked about the farm for a bit, she can’t remember where it is, or anything about it.  She was a bit iffy about her food again today, but she did eat all her tea without any drama.

I tried to contact my councillor last Friday but he hasn’t responded, which peeves  me off because he’s always saying he’s available and to contact him anytime.  My husband said today he had also tried to contact him Friday and he also hadn’t heard back.  I have a one on one with him this Thursday but feel like canceling.  I don’t contact him very often between sessions and on the few occasions I have he doesn’t always respond.  Sometimes I feel like he just sees me as $$ in his pocket, and not a human being that is vulnerable and needs some help outside of our sessions.  

How was your work today, were you able to get a bit done over the weekend?

Hi @Razzle , I know just what you mean about people not knowing the amount of damage they have done to someone. It is as if they deny it then the damage is not there. All we can do is try to deal with it any way possible, and sounds like some time apart may be good for you. Sending hugs

Hi @Razzle Heart It certainly seems like your husband is backtracking and trying to justify his own position. He certainly does not seem to understand how much damage he has done by not talking to you about everything and even worse - going behind your back. He seems to be playing each side off against the other so he can come up smelling like roses ...but in doing so he has caused so much damage to you that you cannot even begin to forgive. Sometimes things are so broken that there is no coming back from and this has been a repeated pattern from him for sometime. He cannot expect you to simply bow to his every whim and go on as if nothing has happened. There are consequences for everyone's actions and it really seems like he has absolutely no understanding of what impact this has all had on you. I also go back here to where you told me that he had listened (supposedly) in couples counselling but then proceeded to do the opposite of what you discussed. Some people just do not have the ability to learn ...or even hear what is actually being said ...and that does not provide for a supportive environment for you at all. I know I have said before to give it time and see how you feel down the track a bit but the decision whether to reconcile or not has to be up to you with all the facts in front of you and your own wellbeing at the centre of it all. Take that time though Hon to make the decisions that are best for you both now and longer term. You deserve to be happy and right now you are in a world of hurt and pain. Some things there really are no coming back from but that has to be your decision and not his. As for your psych - I would keep this appointment and see what he says. If it doesn't align with your thinking or he doesn't listen to you and your point of view then perhaps it is time to change to someone who will support you better. Much love and huge hugs for you Hon Heart

Thanks @cutiepiekitty  for the support.  My husband just doesn’t get what he’s done, the more I try and explain it to him the less he hears.  This has been a pattern of our marriage for so long.  Time apart is the only option I have left.

@Zoe7   You summed up my husband to a T - I couldn’t have described him any better if I tried.  I won’t rush into anything, I have plenty of space here to think things through properly before I make any big decisions - but any decision I make I will be putting myself first

Take all the time and space you need Hon - it is your life to live and the choices you make need to be for your happiness and your future. I know it is hard right now to even think about the future so just live in the here and now for the moment and leave the rest for another time when you are more able to cope with it. Your husband needs to accept that you will do this on your time - not his - and that you are putting yourself first. You have enough on your plate looking after your Mum right now so put all your energies where you need to look after her and yourself in the process @Razzle Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126