Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

mina07
New Contributor

home

I feel so guilty with the way I feel about my parents because there are some days where they make me smile or laugh and I think about how im grateful to have them as my parents but then there are some days where they completely tear me apart like they comment on the way I look like my body and my face, they tell me how much of a failure I am and how I will be worth nothing in the future and they compare me to all my friends no matter what. I just want to get away from them as soon as possible but I know I'll regret it because I need them but they genuinely make me want to die. I dont know weather to hate them for all the trauma and emotional abuse they gave me or weather to love them because they make me smile and laugh sometimes and we do have good memories. I really need help.

3 REPLIES 3
tyme
Community Lead

Re: home

Hey @mina07 ,

Thank you for sharing what's been happening for you. It must be stressful to juggle these thoughts about your parents. I'm sure there are others who can relate - myself included.

Before we go into it, I've just sent you an email. Can you please respond when you are able?

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm having troubles with my family too. Although they are the world to me, I'm constantly getting into arguments with them, and if it isn't me, then its my brother who is constantly getting into huge disputes with them, and it gives me anxiety every time. I'm always listening to them argue but they never resolve anything, even if its the simplest things. I really need some support and advice.

Sorry to hear your situation, it must be so hard.

Hey @ImEmotionless ,

Thanks for posting. Know that you are not alone. I'm sure many can relate to loving their family, yet also getting into arguments with them. It certainly isn't easy. 

One thing I found helpful is to consider the things you are grateful for for each member e.g. what is it about your brother you are grateful for etc.

Hope this helps a bit. I'd be interested to hear what you've tried in the past 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126