Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

1qwerty
New Contributor

lost my license

I really stuffed up and now I feel so awful and lost I don't know what to do. I drank a bottle of wine last night and today at 3pm I went through a breath testing station and failed. I don't know how.

I got an immediate 2 month disqualification.

I have to get my daughter to school, get to dr and psych appointments.

I feel like a real piece of crap right now I don't know what to do.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: lost my license

Have you managed to work out alternative plans for getting your daughter to school, is there friends she could car pool with, or a bus you could go together on?

The public transport system should be able to get you to your appointment, these appointments are necessary, to try and work through what your feeling at the moment and the reasoning your needing to drink a whole bottle of wine.

Do you have any understanding friends or relatives that might be there for you?

You are ok, you’ve just had a little slip, you will get up from it.

You need to keep these appointments to keep working through these

Focus in each day

Maybe for today,  try not to think about it too much  @1qwerty. Put yourself into a place where you can provide self care for yourself today.  A nice dinner.  A bath.  Read a book. 

Then tomorrow,  start trying to work through the practicalities of what you need to do for the next 2 months.

If you live in a city or suburbs,  public transport should be easily available.  Allow plenty of time to reach each destination. 

If you live in the country areas,  other students parents may be able to take your daughter to school and drop her back home.  Ask for help when you need it. 

We all make mistakes sometimes.  It's happened and it's over now.  No point beating yourself up. 

Be kind to yourself. 

Don't beat yourself up about it, what's done is done. I wouldn't have thought a bottle of wine from last night would cause an issue at 3 pm today, so I'd be surprised too. Be kind to yourself today and work on your plan B for transport.

I think ive fallen back into my bad ways. I self harmed last night, I've not really eaten for three days. I've never been this bad 'law wise' and I'm so ashamed it happened infront of my daughter. I called life line again

I hope LifeLine helped @1qwerty.

It was a mistake.  Easily made.  But it's done and over.  Try not to fall back into those old patterns,  because your child will see that.  Gather your strength and work out what you need to do for the next few months. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126