Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//Designing your online world//Tues. 16 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Thanks for the tip about Twitter lists - I might look into this some more. 🙂

@Former-Member I feel this too. I've just recently started muting and turning off notifications -- even just for a few hours or a day sometimes -- and it's really helpful for that overwhelming feeling.

@SANEwriter I avoid the flood of material on social media by limiting myself to FB and Forum Land. I turned off all the email notifications for Forum Land such that I have to actually come onto the site to read anything. Since coming to Forum Land, I can go ages without going onto FB. I think in general I don't have huge issues with social media overall because, well, quite frankly, I'm just not that social. Smiley Very Happy

Hi to everyone who is here tonight, I guess I'm feeling the same as you all. I want to be safe in cyber world but also find I may say too much, as I tend to trust people and I'm a very open person. I'm learning to be careful as I go so not to be dragged down and trigger me out of control. 

@Former-Member Control is such a powerful force when you're dealing with the constant stream of online stuff. Sounds like you've got it well under control!

Good call, @Phoenix_Rising -- there's no more powerful way to mute a social network than to not be on it!

Hi, @Heavenbound, thanks for coming! Yeah, it's a hard call to limit what you share. I used to share a lot more personal stuff online, but social media has got bigger and not everyone plays nice (outside Forum Land, of course), so I've decided to treat it a little more cautiously, which still engaging.

I totally agree @Phoenix_Rising, well said. Woman LOL

@Lonely_Together They're really great, and an extra bonus is, you don't have to follow an account to have it in a list, so they don't clutter up your main feed. I do this with a lot of news accounts.

@SANEwriter wrote:

not everyone plays nice (outside Forum Land, of course).

@SANEwriter I definitely feel much safer in Forum Land than on FB and I can see that that's why my FB usage has dropped so much. Outside of Forum Land, social media is such a totally unregulated space. I know it sometimes feels icky when posts get removed in Forum Land, but I do super like the sense that this is a safe space. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126