Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday// Living a Meaningful and Fulfilling Life with Schizophrenia// Tues 31st May, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

On Tuesday, 31st May 2022, we'd like to invite you to join us for a peer-led, lived experience discussion with SANE Peer Support Worker @RiverSeal  for a safe place to talk about schizophrenia. In this event we will talk about stigma, misunderstandings, connection with others, and hope. This will be an opportunity for our community to learn more, and also connect with others with shared experiences. 

TideisTurning_0-1652923624749.jpeg 

For ease of reference, the times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below; 

TideisTurning_1-1652923702506.png

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hopefully see you there in the chat on the night! In the meantime, feel free to join the discussion for Schizophrenia Awareness Week here

64 REPLIES 64

Re: Topic Tuesday// Living a Meaningful and Fulfilling Life with Schizophrenia// Tues 31st May, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Just tagging everyone who has supported the post so far to receive a reminder. We will be starting in about 30 minutes. @LW1969 @GrevilleaBlooms @Jaybee12321 @sol_87 @Judi9877 @maddison @Patchworks @Flying_Hams @boofhead73 @Anon1975 @greenpea @Hemlock @Krishna 

Re: Topic Tuesday// Living a Meaningful and Fulfilling Life with Schizophrenia// Tues 31st May, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Welcome to everyone joining us or reading along tonight. We would first like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the various lands across Australia we are all joining this discussion from. We pay deep respect to the Elders of those Countries, past and present, and we further extend that respect to any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with us tonight, reading along, or reading back. 

Following on from Schrizophrenia Awareness Week, our special guest, SANE’s very own Peer Support Worker @RiverSeal  will be joined by myself and our fellow peer support worker Girasole for a discussion about living a meaningful and fulfilling life with schizophrenia.  

--------

If you are feeling distress at any time during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can start a new discussion on the forums and talk to other members, contact the SANE Support Centre on 1800 18 7263, or find crisis support options here. And if you are new to Forums or unsure how to get involved in the discussion, you can check out our How To Guide or message myself or @Former-Member 

Hi to anyone interested! We will be starting this Topic Tuesday in a couple of minutes time 😊

@maddison @LW1969 @GrevilleaBlooms @Jaybee12321 @sol_87 @Judi9877 @Patchworks @Flying_Hams @boofhead73 @Anon1975 @greenpea @Hemlock @Krishna 

And anyone else online @Bill16 @CrazyChick @EternalFlower @Eve7 @HardWork @Lee-anne @Oaktree @Meowmy @Millielulu @Patchworks @Snowie @StuF @TAB @wild_rose 

Hi Everyone, I'll invite @RiverSeal  and our community to introduce yourselves 🙂

I’m RiverSeal, I am a person who identifies as nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns. Currently I’m studying at TAFE where I have been studying for the last 5 years and have graduated with 3 programs. I work here at SANE as a Peer Support Worker using my lived experience and education to support people with complex mental health issues. I also work in the mental health sector supporting people who hear voices and experience gender identity issues. I have a diagnosis of schizophrenia and have had several hospitalizations due to psychosis and experienced many life challenges due to my mental health 

Hi @TideisTurning @RiverSeal 

Thanks for supporting this topic. I live with schizoaffective disorder and have had the diagnosis of schizophrenia previously. I identify as she/her and I'm in my late 40s. I have had several psychotic episodes and also depression since I was 19 years of age.

It's great to have you here @Patchworks@maddison and anyone else reading along 🙂 

@Patchworks thank you for sharing a bit about yourself 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126