Re: BuRe: Topic Tuesday // Motivation // Tues 14 Aug, 7pm AEDT

Being exhausted doesn't help. Lack of quality sleep doesn't help. Sleeping in doesn't help. Not me anyway Smiley Indifferent

Yeah I agree @Liss23 exhaustion doesn’t help. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Motivation // Tues 14 Aug, 7pm AEDT

One of my core values is to connect with people (or connectedness).

So if I can find a way to connect with someone, even briefly - that helps to increase my motivation.

Sometimes a smile or warm "hello" from a stranger can make my day (bounce me up a bit).

Adge

hey is the topic tuesday still on atm ?

Very late, apologies. I find it really hard to get motivated for anything. Being in bed, watching tv and crocheting seems a better option. 

I recently went to  kiki.k workshop using their habit journal, has some really good things in there. Trying to get up early to exercise, but they say rather than every day start small. So far not all 3 days but hoping this week will.

I find goals really hard, even with the smart method. I just cant find anything that I really feel is a goal to achieve. So habits I guess is the small next best thing.

Yep @MDT still on 😊

Make lists all over the house of things you are grateful for.
Get a gratitude diary, mine is great.
Self care reminders could be made on your phone, fridge or toilet door.
A small something is better then nothing at all!

I find motivation varies accordingly.

It depends on two things:

1) whatever it is I am trying to do and whether I want to do it or need to do it

2) My general mood on the day

I must admit that of late I've been more motivated to do "stuff" but then when I get it all done I have nothing left to do. So I guess I need more things to do?

I read on a website the other day that having a Mantra could help, reminding yourself of previous successes could help as well. Exercise etc. 

I know they are all great advice but at times managing little stressors like work, kids, uni, recovering from a recent stint in a clinic (BP and other), I just want to do nothing, absolutely nothing and talk to no one. Like tonight, I should be working after a full day at work on an important piece of worn and i just can t be bothered. All i can think is take my night meds and switch off for the day: procrastination at its best. It’s terrible, because I put pressure on myself for the next couple of days to finish what I committed to..maybe it’s just accepting that, at times, you can only do what you can do

I have tried gratitude but found that hard. I am trying to do a 365 grateful moments diary. Have pics and make it a fun exp. Then I can go back when I'm not in a great space

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126