Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Queenie
Community Elder

Big Achievement ticked off my list today

Today my enrolment was processed for my course (Diploma of Community Services). This happened after I had to pass a year 12 equivalency test. Thankfully late this afternoon, they called me to say I had passed with flying colours. I even helped explain some of the tricky questions to my Mrs and she scored very well too. Just before close of business today, I received access my learning portal. It's all very exciting as this is my first step to my pathway into Uni where I want to study social work. A bonus is the college I am studying at has the opportunity to claim credits towards my degree (which is fantastic). Even if at the end of studying, I only land a part-time job, I will be one very happy Queen!

This is a major achievement for me and one I've been working on for some time. As @outlander knows, I've been studying free online courses through Open University. Now it's time to strive for the real thing!

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Big Achievement ticked off my list today

amazing work @Queenie so very proud of you xoxo

Thanks @outlander 🙂

Congrats @Queenie!
Education is freedom !

So very pleased for you @Queenie

be very proud of yourself...

you will be an inspiration for others

Hi @Queenie, that is outstanding news! I didn't know you were doing Open University. How resourceful of you, and self-motivated, two skills you have already that will stand you in good stead for study. Really so happy to hear this news for you! You go, majesty! Smiley Very Happy

Wow thanks @Catcakes @Former-Member and @Mazarita for the messages of congratulations. Studying is something I've been working on for a while, and, with my support worker's help, I decided to put steps in place to live the dream!

I'm wondering if it's the excitement of it keeping you up tonight, @Queenie. Wonderful news for pondering. Smiley Happy 

I seem to be having another naughty night when I don't go to bed even though tired. I'm a bit obsessed with something I'm looking up on the net. Smiley Tongue

I can't sleep due to the heat and humidity where I live. We don't have air conditioning, just some old fans which blow hot air. I'd love to have a cold shower, but I'm not allowed because I've already had my evening shower.

A pity about the cold shower for the heat, @Queenie. I guess it's part of the rules of your shared accommodation. Are you also doing some computer stuff, like me, while posting?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126