Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

Hello @eudemonism @Grasshopper3

Reading non fiction is great...remember though it is always the author"s perception or reference to research papers...

All research...similar to surveys only covers the answers of those asked the questions....

the  questions only cover the thoughts of the person behind the research...

great to read to get another perceptive....not to take on as the be all  and end all....

If we read something that connects with the turmoil in our mind human instinct takes over and tells us that it must be true...

My "family member" is researching day and night...in the last month constantly sending me links that as a matter of safety for my life I must read....He has written to so many worldwide organisations....

All started from the feeling of being persecuted...now no longer able to have a rational conversation...

Science is the same...provides some great cures...answers....also narrow minded thinking in some people

Nothing is definite in  this world...

Constant ongoing learning...asking questions....forming your own opinions ...at the same time being open to change..

reading and listening to the view of others without judgement is what we could all  aspire to do....

the world might be a better place to live in then..

this also applies to the mental health system .....

Good for you reading Eude....you might be able to bring about much needed change in a system that seems to have almost shut down...

@Sophia1

Thanks for protecting me. That's very kind of you. I'm sorry to hear about your relative and the state they are in. 

I figure that I've been caught up the psychiatry, psychology and psychoanalysis field for that long. I might as well dive into some books which are based around the subject, too find out what it's all about. So much information is tied up in books, and I figure I might as well be tapping into it. 

Can't go wrong with reading a good book... 

Eude 

truer words have not been spoken Eude...

as for being there for you...that is what friends do..

enjoy your reading...

reading about the processes might help you understand yourself a little more....

at worst you will gain more knowledge...you can quietly analyse your own psychiatrist laugh...

good night

speak soon @eudemonism

Sophia

@Sophia1

I've suffered greatly in life... As I was reading this book, which was called 'problems of the mind', I was recognising so many similarities to my own life and experiences. I'm sure many other people would feel the same, if they read the book too, however it may not be to the same extent, as someone with a diagnosis of schizophrenia. The book was really informative, and had so many great key points, which were all based around problems of the mind, and other associated problems. 

Eude 

hello @eudemonism

I am so pleased to hear that you found this book to read ...allowing you to connect with so many examples of similarities to your own life and experiences...

There is so much unknown about Schizophrenia and from what I have read the symptoms vary greatly from person to person...

You might like to suggest this book...title and author on the carers forum....

under Whats's new: services, research, technologies section...

You could write something briefly about how it helped you..similar to your response here...if you feel comfortable doing this of course..

Your posts on here are invaluable to both carers and those dealing with lived experience..

You have certainly helped me gain a better understanding of the day to  day difficulties living with schizophrenia ...especially from a medication point of view...

How did you come across the book?  Did someone recommend it to you?  You might want to ask for anymore suggestions...

sun is out...blue sky..cold breeze...cat on desk with her back to me because I wont let her go in the bedroom and lay on our bed...

we have a daily contest ...her trying to foil my efforts to keep her out of the bedroom...she is very artful and quick laugh..

speak soon 

Sophia    

@Sophia1

A friend borrowed me the book, as he knew it would interest me, because he knows about my mental problems. I gather a few other authors names, which were referenced in the book, and went to the library so I could order them in. These authors are referred to as the philosophy giants. I'd prefer to keep what I'm learning to myself for the large part, or at least not openly share it. Apparently schizoid personalities are very common in the families of diagnosed schizophrenia patients, and it is very hard to tell between actual schizophrenia and just a schizoid personality. 

I've had a really stressful day, which is quite a common occurrence, the car has been making funny noises, so I've been on red alert. The slightest inclination of problems or changes within my comfort zone, and I'm tripping out with stress, and frantically trying to fix the problem, and making myself look like a goose. I'm going to fix issue with my car on my own, and do the next scheduled maintenance service at home, at dad's place or at a friend's place, because I'm tired of forking out a hundred dollars an hour too the mechanic, too do a job that one can do on my own. It's perfectly normal and good behaviour, although it stresses me out, because I'm in the risk zone of something going wrong, which will effect my lively hood. 

It's day five with no alcohol, and Instead of looking outward too solve the problem, of an inward disarray of feelings, and being overwhelmed with negativity, I'm looking inward to solve the problem, of the outward world that is mainly  out of my control, and only concentrating on the things I can change, for the positive of myself. 

Eude 

hello @eudemonism

Totally understand the keeping the book information private....

If you have schizophrenia in your family...you are thinking that perhaps you have a schizoid personality as opposed to schizophrenia? Is that what you mean?

Cars breaking down are stressful and expensive...if you can get help to fix it with family or friends that would take pressure off of you financially...hoping that you can sort that out..

I love your last sentence Eude....

It's day five with no alcohol, and Instead of looking outward too solve the problem, of an inward disarray of feelings, and being overwhelmed with negativity, I'm looking inward to solve the problem, of the outward world that is mainly  out of my control, and only concentrating on the things I can change, for the positive of myself. 

Well done you ....I am so proud of you....I hope that you are proud of you too...

borrow some more books and keep on reading...you are being inspired.....

speak soon Eude

SophiaCat Happy

This book suggested... That people who have a diagnosis o...

@Sophia1

This book suggested... That people who have a diagnosis of schizophrenia are more likely to have a certain body type, tall and willowy apparently, and the family members of a diagnosed schizophrenic are more likely to have a schizoid personality, apparently it's a fine line between schizoid personality and the condition of schizophrenia. Maybe research schizoid personality... 

Eude 

@Sophia1

Because hereditary factors  are believed to be the main cause of schizophrenia. Society needs someone to judge. 

Eude 

hello @eudemonism

People within society who are not happy with themselves...bored with their own lives..are the ones more likely to pass judgement on others..

learning to rise above these people and be true to who we are is what my belief is...

I will look up schizoid personality out of interest...

I hope that you enjoy your next book..

Sophia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126