Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I wish I was well all those years ago it would not have happened and I would have been a safe pea, a good pea, a happy pea. Instead I was a mad pea,a bad pea,  a pea without judgement or care. A self destructive pea who was out to set fire to everything around her.

Now I am quiet. Medicated and quiet.  Learning about my past by unpacking the layers of bandages holding the pea together. Moving forward in a soft and gentle way, no longer wild and out of control. Can you do that to? Can you forgive the pea and move on? Perhaps not .... that is okay because I forgive myself and at the end of the day that is all I can really do. Love greenpea

I should own shares in the local Dr's surgery.

I was there on Tuesday, there this afternoon (for 1 hour), then back there again next Tuesday.

The Dr can't do anything about my Hernia - I have to wait for the Referral (public hospital) to come through.

I also have a toe infection, & several nail fungal infections needing treatment.

It seems like I'm falling apart (a bit)...

Adge

Will i ever be good enough for anyone? 😞
i try my best but its never good enough. what is the point in trying anymore, the glue holding me together is drying up 😞

I am bloody sick of my mum and sister always trying to be peaceful and nice to one another when it is OBVIOUS that they are holding grudges with one another. I'm not some mediation force that can hold the two of them back. It's actually boring now. I just don't even care. My mum keeps lamenting at how tired and annoyed she is with everyone yet can't see that trying to please everyone is the reason it's happening. My dad is on another planet and my sister is just entitled. I feel like I am surrounded by nutters. That said, I know that they care for me and my health and what I'm doing in my life which I love them for. But I'm not about to pretend it's all good and well because it isn't.

I'm just sick of it

WTF

You ok @Maggie?

Ditto

Fed up of people who pretend to show concern yet continually bang on about themselves..

can these people actually just focus on another's pain without thinking of themselves...

such a self centred world..

such hypocrisy..

No you have no idea so do not compare

yes I am angry

I am allowed to be

I was not allowed to be for so very long

yet others could take their anger out on me

I don't need to be popular

2 Hernias. The large (main) one has probably been there for over 12 months - it was never noticed, when Drs examined my tummy (several times).

The 2nd Hernia is new, & appeared about 9 days ago - that's what alerted me, & got Drs to diagnose the 1st hernia (this week).

Yes there is pain, but I've had to get used to living with it (for a long time).

My dysfunctional digestive system (& IBS), a direct result of my 3 major bowel surgeries - is hard enough to live with, on a daily basis.

I'm still in a total head-spin (shock), over waiting (referral) to see a surgeon - for yet another surgery.

To clean up the mess of scars (& now hernias) that they left me with, 3 years ago.

Not coming to terms with it at all...

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126