Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ill_Leigh
Contributor

A bit about me

So I don’t even know where to start to be honest, I’m not ready to go into detail however, 
I was recently in a ward due to psychosis and It was not drug induced, it happens due to childhood trauma. Does anyone else go through this bc tbh I just wanna feel more SANE. Sending love to you all x 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A bit about me

TW: suicidal ideation

I don't think I go through psychosis, but I go through really terrible depressive episodes with suicidal ideation and I don't really remember much after them. All I remember is feeling numb, and empty. The other night I went for a walk, planning to go to the highway. I dont know what I was going to do when I got there but I know it was probably not good. I just drank a beer and had a smoke at a bus stop and then went home. I'm trying to better myself. I thought about going to the hospital to see if they could keep me safe but I have so much work to do. My life feels like a hurtful ball of mess. My love is with you.

I feel you, stay strong 💕 It’s hard to do I know, since I’ve got some support within the community things are feeling a lot easier and it’s what’s helped me so much I definitely would recommend it 💕

And I want to add that, it is a huge burden feeling when thinking of seeking help but once you start it will all fall into place, first step is figuring out what support/organisation can help. Im lucky in Australia there is a lot of support I truely hope there is support out there for you & I’m always here to chat 💕

Hey @Ill_Leigh I hope this message finds you well and just know you are fully loved and supported here! I think its amazing of you and so strong to reach out, It often is such a hard step. We are very lucky to have services in Australia and more support available online aswell. 😀

@MissLil hey and right back to you! Thank you, it’s amazing what some support can do & I am also greatful for you and everyone on this site 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126