Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kendrick
New Contributor

Battling mental health

Hi there, 

I am reaching out to just share abit of my story and what I have been feeling lately, 

I’ve been dealing mental health issues for quite some years now social anxiety ptsd but recently it’s the worst I’ve ever felt I can’t control my emotions and feels I am numb to everything I have lost joy in everyday things it’s just like I’m here existing to get through another day I try keep my mind focused on exercise and physical activities as I don’t work and socially don’t do much so I feel also I have no purpose reaching out to people and talking is helping me deal with get by each day 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Battling mental health

Hi @Kendrick 

Welcome to the forums and good on you for reaching out. It sounds like are really struggling with feeling depressed.  Do you have a mental health professional you see such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, GP, counsellor?

I hope others chime in and offer advice of what has helped for them. My main issue is anxiety but I have an understanding of depression and feeling like you have no purpose. I feel that sometimes we put so much pressure on ourselves to 'find out purpose' that it can backfire and make us feel even more hopeless. Just the other day I can across some articles about 'finding your sense of purpose' and there was lots of helpful suggestions.

I hope you start to feel better soon,

Hanami

Welcome, @Kendrick 

Do you have any professional support?

I know for the lack of purpose I have found volunteering has really helped me. It has also helped in making new friends. 

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

@NatureLover hi thank you for replying , yes I do have a little bit professional help with my gp and about to see a psychiatrist to help with what is happening I really just feel lost and very unhappy I have mood swings I can’t control I’m all over the place very frustrating I don’t know what’s wrong  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126