Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

john74
Senior Contributor

Family separation

Hi l haven't posted for some time but after a nasty marriage breakdown and family separation due to domestic violence l am having a very tough time having no contact with my kids and l just get so down especially around Christmas time. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Family separation

Hey @john74 . I'm so sorry to hear that things have not improved and you are feeling it, especially during the festive season.

Like many others, the Christmas/NY period can actually be more stressful than anything else. I busy myself with work to get me through. But I remember a time when every Christmas/NY was spent in an inpatient unit. 

Can you think of things to schedule in during this time to help you through? I recognise it is so hard right now. 

There will still be people on the forums during that time if you want to add it to your list of things to keep you well.

You deserve it.

Hey @john74 ,

How are you today?

hi @tyme not good very down starting to wonder what the point to life is anymore. 

Hey @john74 ,

Unfortunately, that's a place many of us have been before. We wonder about the purpose of life. Things just seem to get worse by the day.

It takes a lot of energy and strength to lift ourselves out of it. 

I'm hearing how hard it is. I'm also hearing that you have tried to reach out, but people just don't listen.

Please know that we are listening. We hear how hard it is for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126