Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mirko
Casual Contributor

First timer

• Hey everyone! I’m new to this so I’ll just start lol. So I was on anti psychotics, depression and adhd meds for a long time. I’ve finally come off everything completely and I feel amazing most days. But some days it feels like maybe psychosis is creeping back and I feel really strange. Voices come back hard and I see allot of different colours. I feel like I lose  days where I can’t really remember them. It is very hard to explain.But on the other hand it can be fine for weeks and feel 100%. Has anyone dealt with something similar before?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: First timer

Hi @Mirko, welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm hearing a lot is going on for you, and you've taken the step to share about it here, thank you for sharing, sounds like you have been on quite the journey.

I'm sorry to hear what is happening for you at this time. It sounds like a difficult space to be in.

Do you have supports in place? Have you spoken to your GP?

It's important to be caring for yourself right now, I can imagine how tough this is on you when this comes up. 

What do you think will help at this time?

For the time being, I wanted to share some resources with you, I hope this sits okay with you:

• Information on mental distress
    Have you heard of Hearing Voices? It's a network of people who hear voices or have different perceptions to others. They have peer groups all over the place which are really focused on people supporting each other.

You will meet many other forum members who can relate with what you are saying and I hope that it serves as a reminder that you are not alone 💗

fluffylight x

I came off my meds under medical supervision. I have a psychiatrist appointment booked but I always find it hard speaking to people so that’s why I started looking online for support. I live alone so besides work I’m usually by myself with no support other than doctors. 
thank you for the link, will definitely check it out!

I think I would like to speak to other people in my position and see how other people deal with voices, losing days and those type of things

i just don’t want it to take over

thank you so much for the reply 💚

Hi @Mirko

Thank you for tagging me and for your response 🙂

I think there is so much strength and power in shared experience. You have come to the right place 💚

I'm hearing your worries and strength that you hold.

We'll be here for you 🙂

Goodnight and take lots of care!

where does your user name come from @fluffylight ?

What's it mean?

Hi @Kyle1

Thank you for your curious question!

I feel it is a way for me to send light to others with a big fluffy hug attached to it = fluffylight

💛
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126