Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

StanD
Senior Contributor

GUESS WHAT!!!

@Appleblossom @tyme @TAB @hanami @StuF @MDT @NatureLover @Judi9877 

@Maggie49 @Historylover 

@SmilingGecko @@Kyle1 @greenpea @nervouswreck @TideisTurning @chibam @Patches59 @BlueBay @Glisten @Melbcoffeesnob @Meowmy 

Wow that was hard work & my biggest tagging attempt. 

Basically, @EVERY 1 💗

Guess what?! 

I only found out in the last hour - I have secured a new home for myself.

Woohoo!!🥳

I am relieved, dazed, worthy, confused! And lots of other things.

I have less than 3 weeks b4 I get evicted from current property that I have lived in for over a decade.

Now- going to this property to tend to my animals I get PTSD. I have spent a good part of the last 6 months 🛋️🏄

A huge weight has vanished.

I can care for my cats. I can afford to live independently. I can be my own person. I can have a chance, in this world. I can give.

I am in state of shock.

The stress & distress I have experienced, & things escalating - & now, it's basically, FINALLY all over.

Except for the moving all my stuff bit. Most of boxes are already done. This is ALL because of intense, amazing work of many PEER SUPPORT WORKERS.

I did not have the emotional, mental, spirit - to keep going. 

It is my PSW who have basically been my angels. 

Strangers, helping me - more than I have ever been supported before in my life.

Aaannndd ....it was all of YOU (even if I didn't tag you) the peeps on here, giving me kindness, reminding me of hope & the small nudges, to not give up. And, it was your friendship.

We don't have to see each other, to know there is another, like us, on the other side of these words. Reading, & seeing, & caring about each other. That's what friends are.

@TAB I never responded to your comment about 'normal peoples' , & how they absorb what they can & then walk away, that you wrote other day.

I didn't get it. You knew that. Later on, I understood.

There is a friend, underneath all that rough, manly, say it as I see it, sheep loving  exterior.

I hope people see that in you. I didn't - you saw me, tho ♥️

As have soooo many here.

Ok, that's enough sentimental crap.

Love you all.

May you feel blessings surrounding you forever 😮

To EVERYONE who happens to read this - YOU too. 

I am safe 

I AM 

20231114_171700.jpg

Thankyou,

StanD

25 REPLIES 25
StuF
Senior Contributor

Re: GUESS WHAT!!!

Congrats @StanD !!!

That is fantastic

Thankyou. So much @StuF 

made my day @StanD 😊.. so glad to hear good news... it's a bit much to hope for these days seems.'sheep lover'? shaun the sheep cartoon , yes. Not from Enzed, the Land Where Men are Men and sheep are ..Scared ... 😥

TAB
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member @tonys  re above post ^^^^^

oh, @StanD   .. ya do know you can bulk cut and paste doing tagging?.. someone owned up to it on here ages ago. tried it. it works. lolo.. Go Well, Ms

https://youtu.be/uDHhPraS9D4?si=7V_w7by8EGLxIIqp

sit in  rocking chair front porch w cats .. lolo............... watch their tails ....

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Don't Make Me No Never Mind (From "The Color Purple" Soundtrack) · Quincy Jones The Color Purple ℗ 1986 Qwest Records, Inc. under exclusive license to UMG Recordings, Inc. Released on: 1989-01-01 Associated Performer, Recording Arranger, Producer: ...

Oh you are crude @TAB 

Your reply & sharing my happiness, has made my day. I was kind of scared to read. I'm still not dumb, or smart enough to trust properly yet.

Sending love x

Probably Dick Emery's best known character and the one with the most familiar catchphrase, Mandy was a busty blond who was forever misunderstanding the interviewers questions so that she always assumed it had a suggestive, sexual connotation. Her reaction would be to deliver the obligatory ...

Haha @TAB @StanD 

I'd forgotten about the sheep cartoons and wondered if I was learning something new about @TAB !

lol

@StanD  Tears of joy for you! I am so happy and relieved for you. This is FANTASTIC news!

You came out of the end of the tunnel. I’m going to hold on to this feeling for as long as I can.

I will reread your post at times when I can’t see the light at the end of my tunnel.

@StanD that is a dramatic turnaround of events! I am so pleased your peer workers were there for you and you could also make proper use of these forums. Providence was smiling upon you! The past can go now and you can begin anew. I am really happy for you. You must feel like a bag of jumping beans! Go out and celebrate today, get a lotto ticket and start to enjoy life again.  Its so hard to get somewhere to live nowadays so you should be happy and proud of yourself for getting so far. Congratulations. Luck can change rapidly and for the better. Just stick to a strict budget, so you can keep ahead with your rental money, things are tight out there, you don't want to blow it. But just enjoy life for a while. You deserve this.  Now you can start visioning a new future in your new home! W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L Thanks for sharing with your online friends. Great stuff!!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126