Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Macey
Contributor

I ache

Hi.

I have been diagnosed with panic disorder, and depression. Ptsd. With possible bi-polar.

I am 40 years old. Have 2 children Divorced. I am shy and have trouble making friends. When I do they go away in a matter of months.

I see a psychologist sometimes. And I take anti depressants.

I am often very tired and struggle finding employment. I don't eat. Can not focus. My biggest complaint is loneliness, poverty, and thoughts of self harm.

I'd really like to have one good friend.

but with recurring issues of DV I find it hard to trust people. Plus, I don't know if my powers of discernment are reliable anymore.

I am joining these forums just to share. 

12 REPLIES 12
tyme
Community Lead

Re: I ache

Hey there @Macey ,

Thank you for sharing. You have taken a very big and bold step in reaching out on the forums - well done!

I want you to know that you are not alone.

There was a time when I too was very depressed and feeling low and lonely. I used these forums to help me practice the social skills I needed as a way to step back into the world.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been through some pretty rough times. 

I'm here if you need a chat.

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi @Macey 

Welcome to the forums! I'm so sorry to hear of all of the challenges you are facing. It sounds quite rough. I'm glad you aren't in the DV situations anymore but it's so sad you feel you don't feel like you can trust people. I'm pretty shy too so can relate to what you say about making friends. Are there any type of group that run at say your local library? I know my library has reading groups, craft groups that type of thing. They can be nice to go to without too much pressure on you to actually talk. And meeting others is a bonus. 

Sending you hugs

Hanami

Okay. I feel like crying so much today tho don't wanna f reely be to look like such a sook. 

[edited by moderator]

yes c hi.

I don't feel confident all to join in 

And I want to join in but don't join in. So nervewracking

Hey @Macey , Perhaps it's not about you joining in. Do you mind if others join you? Is that okay?

You are doing your best and no one can ask for more. 

You've taken the first step - the hardest step 🙂

hanami
Senior Contributor

Oh @Macey I'm sorry you're feeling so low. Do you have other mental health support such as a psychologist, counsellor or GP you can seek help from?

x

join me in what tyme??

I don't do ever do anything except impersonate rocks

Join you here for a cuppa??? @Macey 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.42.50 pm.png

By the way, what's wrong with impersonating rocks?? The most precious diamonds, crystals and jewels come from rocks - that's right! The rocks that have been through heat and pressure. The more heat, the more pressure, the more special 🙂

I don't mean to invalidate you, but I want you to know you are part of our community and we appreciate you. I recognise it is hard now, but you are not alone.

Okay. But can I have tea?

Coffee proves too stimulus 4 mee...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126