Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

I don’t know

I feel different, an outsider compared to many of those posting here. I’m a person who is so really in tune with my senses, and sometimes I wound up getting hurt way more often than not. I marvel at things that bring me joy, for example a word a phrase that leaps out of that book and it captivates me. It moves me, often to tears. A song a lyric, speaks to my very soul, the scent of say, an orange blossom carried along on the breeze awakens my senses and gives me great pleasure. The sense of touch, working with my hands, with my craft, gives me so much enjoyment. The site of a spectacularly coloured bird contrasting with its surrounds leaves me in awe. Why am I like this? I think many people probably see my posts as FLOWERY, insignificant gibberish...maybe there is a section here to post gibberish…count me first in line to sign up…seriously. it saddens me is all. 

24 REPLIES 24

Re: I don’t know

I love the way you are @Former-Member . All of those thing you describe are beautiful ways to be. Not flowery gibberish at all. I feel you have a gift to really feel so profoundly that yes sometimes it's painful. But all of those things that bring you joy....they are magical! That is a magical way to be. Please keep being you. You are unique and that's absolutely wonderful! x

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your kind words, @hanami. I am really moved 🙂

Hi @Former-Member 

I enjoyed your post - I find things glorious too -  I call them my private glories - and I really have a zest for life when everything feels really irksome.

Thanks for posting and please keep it up - you are most welcome here

Best wishes

Owlunar

@Former-Member 

I think we all feel things differently, some of us are more expressive and outward than others and some of us tend to hold things in because we are scared of being hurt.

I know what you mean by being moved, I tend to try and avoid certain posts on Facebook because they always bring me to tears as I can totally understand and appreciate what the people are going through in those particular videos.

There are times I can feel my emotions swelling and moving up to that point where they escape, and I try to at times suppress them because of a fear of ridicule.  I guess some of that is due to the nature of my upbringing but also the career path I had chosen as a younger individual.   This path led me to hide a range of emotion, it doesn't mean I don't feel it, I just tend to hide it at times!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owlunar2,

“Zest for life”! Yes, that’s it! There are so many things that are indeed glorious. And we have company: I saw a guy pulled over the side of the road at dusk, leaning against the front bonnet of his car, just gazing at the sunset. And it was a beautiful sunset…

Hi @Former-Member

Could you be an Empath by any chance? I am slightly so, and it drives me nuts, as I 'feel" way more than I'd like to.

I really don't understand it much, but might be worth checking out.

I am attuned to nature moreso than people. Needless to say, there is so much happening at the moment that I tend to avoid things.

Take care, lots of hugs
Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @BlueBells,

An “empath”. Huh. I just googled the term and I can relate to so much, 

And it mentioned feeling replenished by nature and having highly tuned senses as well. I’ll have to do more research. Thanks for the hugs xx

@Former-Member if it’s flowery gibberish then I like your flowery gibberish 🙂

I’m a bland stick-in-the-mud. I don’t like peaks and troughs, my ideal month is one where every day was just “good”.

People like me need people like you to bring us out of our shells occasionally and draw attention to things we should have more feelings about.  My type also serves as a stabiliser for people who are naturally on a bit of a rollercoaster.

So if you feel like you’re a bit different then you’re probably exactly what this forum needs!

hi @Former-Member

My current counsellor is a bit empathic, and a few sessions in she told me that is what I am, and why I am so sensitive to silly things (silly to most people).

a few years back, we drove t Qld, and came back past some of the mines. Before I even realized where we were, it was like my very soul was being torn from me, such a strong, deep pain. Now that's weird. lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126