Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Purpz
New Contributor

I'm so scared

Hi I'm new here. They suspect suvere anxiety and cptsd. The past month I've been calling ambulances and going 5o the hospital. It feels like my throats closing. I'm struggling to breathe I'm shaking I'm getting dry mouth and I feel like I'm dying and I'm dizzy . They can't find anything in my vitals. I t won't go away and it's terrifying and I don't know what to do. I'm so scared all the time. I want to put myself in a psych ward I think I'm going crazy. But I have kids and a dog I can't leave and I have no support but I can't live like this. It came out of nowhere and is consistant

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I'm so scared

Hi @Purpz 

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I feel like you need to speak with someone who takes you more seriously. Which is awful as the hospitals and ambulance people should be doing exactly that. 

If you feel that you are getting worse I would suggest imploring to the emergency services that you are not feeling safe and they must take you seriously and not turn you away.

Alternatively, you can call one of our counsellors on 1800 187 263 (Mon-Fri, 10am-10pm).

If you need to speak to someone now, please call: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or online chat

Beyond Blue Counselling: 1300 22 4636

Do you also have a gp or psychologist you see regularly?

take care and keep reaching out.

Hanami

Hey @Purpz 

First of all, welcome to the Sane Forums, we are glad that you are here. You are in a safe space and community filled with love and support. You will find many forum users have experienced similar circumstances.

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time, we are here for you.

I wanted to follow up to see how you are feeling now? got much on for the evening?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Welcome, @Purpz ...I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so panicky and scared 😢

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist?

A handy forum tip is if you tag someone by typing @ and then clicking on their name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Hi @Purpz 

I can definitely relate to those feelings. It is like being in a constant state of panic and no way to escape it and it makes it hard to get the help you need when you have a family to take care of.

Do you have a community Mental Health Unit you could get a hold of? In Queensland there is 1300 MH CALL which gives you access to a mental health telephone triage. Something like that might be able to give you some advice on how you can get access to services. Some public hospitals can have someone come to your home and give you assistance. The Ambulance service is great in a physical emergency, but not often trained in mental health issues.

It can be quite overwhelming dealing with things on your own, and I know what it is like to feel like you are going crazy. It is awful and feels like it is never going to end or get better. 

I hope you do feel better soon 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126