Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

PinkGlitter03
New Contributor

It’s too much

Hi, 

Ive not posted here before, generally I stick to myself and just try to “deal” needless to say that never works out too well. 
Currently I’m coming off the back of a manic episode of my bipolar and dropping quite quickly into a low. 
I have huge amounts of stress with just being promoted at work to a much more pressure filled role.  Mentally/emotionally narcissistic relationship that I’m trapped in and can’t see a way out.  I’m adjusting to life after gastric sleeve surgery and now I’m going through some medical stuff, doctors are throwing the word Parkinson’s around.

Struggling to cope, keep my mind under control and it’s now affecting me physically.  I’m exhausted all the time, have no interest in anything, getting headaches etc. even my OCD is being affected.  I’m so distracted I can’t meditate and mindfulness feels like an impossible task. 
Sorry for the long post. 
Any advice? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: It’s too much

Hey @PinkGlitter03 ,

It sounds so stressful in your role as well as in life altogether!

Sometimes, it's about taking a step back and refocusing on what's most important. There have been times in my life where I've focused on all the minute things and missed the bigger picture.

The most important thing is that you look after yourself. There is only one YOU. 

You deserve to feel supported and heard.

You are not alone.

I don’t ever remember taking a step back in my life, I’ve always been 1000% in on everything. Slowing down has never really been an option.
I don’t even know how , if I’m being honest.

Hi @PinkGlitter03 , do you think you always benefit from being 1000% in on everything? Or maybe.. learning how to relax your grip on things a little might be an important life skill to learn.  Trying to control the outcome of everything to the smallest detail becomes exhausting eventually.

It’s new, and unknown, but all learning opportunities are.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126