Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Me-1
New Contributor

Just need to let it out

I don't even know why I'm writing this or what I'm looking for. Last night I hit rock bottom, I spiralled out of control and said and did things I am not proud of. My marriage has been declining over the last couple of years but we are now in marriage counselling which I thought was helping. I have been to the gp who has started me on anti depressants which are helping a little bit but not as much as I'd hoped, on top of this he has also referred me to a psychiatrist for a possible ADD diagnosis. I have the worst mood swings and my husband cops the worst of it. He keeps telling me I need to do something about it but doesn't seem to understand until I attend the upcoming appointments there's not a lot I can do. I take my meds, I've booked appointments, I'm trying. I'm trying to get help but nothing seems to be working. I've lost myself, who I used to be. I just want to smile again 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Just need to let it out

Hi @Me-1 

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for sharing about what you are going through with the community!

It sounds tough what you are going through with your own MH and marriage counselling and having relationship issues with your husband. You are demonstrating your resilience and strength by reaching out to the community here on the Forums for support though. It takes real courage to be open about things that are going on for us with our MH and relationships.

I encourage you to stay connected with the Forums and here is a post that lists some great places to share Looking for a space to connect with others? Find a... - SANE Forums.

We also have the Guided Service here at SANE where you can be supported by a regular Counsellor or Peer Support Worker and attend peer support groups. It can be beneficial to talk with someone who gets it about what is going on for you. The Support Line also has Counsellors available to chat with Monday to Friday 10 am to 8 pm Get support (sane.org).

How do you feel about possibly getting a diagnosis of ADHD? Sometimes it can be helpful and other times having a label can not sit well with people. Here's an article on terms that you might find beneficial: ADHD vs. ADD: What’s the Difference? (healthline.com)

Take care

RiverSeal

@RiverSeal thanks for sending those links through. I have registered myself this morning for the guided help. 

I'm ok with getting a diagnosis I'm just at a point where I'm wanting answers for how I feel, then I know what I need to do to help get myself back on track. 

That's great @Me-1 that you have referred yourself for the Guide Service today!

That's good that you are ok with getting a diagnosis as I feel it can help you start to recover and knowing how to treat your MH. I found it beneficial when I received my diagnosis and it helped me learn how to cope and understand what I was going through. Researching on the internet and YouTube are great places to learn and find information too. 

Do you know about 1800RESPECT? They can help with talking through relationship issues with a Counsellor if you need to reach out anytime.

RiverSeal

@Me-1 sorry to hear you are not coasting along well. Here are some ideas you can implement over the holiday period that I came across recently that you can use as an adjunct to your clinicians advice which has been written by Dr. Mercola a prominent natural healer on the internet

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/home-family-pets/essential-oils-can-help-adhd/

You can also listen to 40Hz binaural beats on you tube. I've seen in some people with ADHD that it helps keep them focussed and able to concentrate as well as complete tasks. That is what I have read in comments sections on the you tube videos. There are also some videos that specifically state their 40Hz audio is for ADHD. Anyway it can't hurt listening even just for relaxation purposes.

I hope you find resolution and some measure of stability within your marriage. Having a MH diagnosis is hard 

Sending you healing vibes.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126