Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Singer_89
Contributor

Nightmare

Hi, so this may sound a little bit childish from a 33 year old like myself, however I had a very gruesome and graphic nightmare about me dying…

this happened 3 nights ago now ( since it’s now officially just past 2:00 am ) and I am still scared and fearful…

in 2015 I also had a premonition my grandma would die, a week after that nightmare she sadly passed away and I have never gotten over the guilt from that nightmare…any thoughts or advice on this? Thank you everyone!!

3 REPLIES 3
deshift
Senior Contributor

Re: Nightmare

can definitely relate to having nightmares @Singer_89 

often a death in dreams can symbolise the end of something we perceive to be important, but actually only serves our ego. it's a scary omen, and rightfully so, since personal growth is scary.

are you aware of any of the strategies used in dream therapy?

🙂
deshift

Hi @deshift  thank you for your reply

I find it so scary that it’s the end of something when it’s me dying, like I mentioned in my post before I had a dream of of my grandma where I predicted that she would die, so this just scares me a lot…

no I’m not really aware of what that is?

thank you for your help ☺️

@Singer_89 
some people, such as myself, have a capacity to be present and aware whilst dreaming. we call it lucid dreaming, but essentially it gives you agency to behave in whatever way you wish.

for instance, when I died in a dream, being shot with hundreds of arrows by some weird little goblin creatures, I realised dying was a lot like living, as the dream persisted. I remembered to breathe and then I just opened my eyes and stood up.

after that, nightmares became something I could contest, instead of just being a victimised onlooker, I became an engaged participant.

😉
deshift

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126