Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

Notes from Underground

I was standing there this morning as the man was speaking quite clearly of never growing so old again. And walking in gardens wet with rain. And my mind fell into a jungle of tall grass, ivy, lace like shadows and sunlight.

The man said something else about chariots and ferry boats, and I fell again into blonde coloured curls which, as Alice knows, is "curiouser and curiouser"...

And it was a nice cosy rabbit hole, too. Until it became apparent that I had landed not in wonderland, but Jumanji, as I walked back over my shoulder into town. It seemed to convulse in the smoke of tyres and tinder there. I met with the lady who was so miniature - who understood completely that my eyes were weeping, and it wasn't at all my fault. 

Then I left, sooner than I thought I would, and drove through the country past painted ponies, pot holes, potting sheds, and too much road khill on death parade. 

Zoom back out to look at the forest and not the trees, and thought: I still love how the sun shimmers on the water.  I am glad I still have eyes for that. ️ And for realising; yes...you can go swimming and not get wet. Sometimes...

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Notes from Underground

Thanks for sharing @Kyle1 

img_3788.jpg

 Hello @Kyle1 ... evocative words... reminding me of a Rousseau painting 

oh yeah...I can see that @Dimity 

Rousseau meets Dostoevsky meets van morrison meets an emotionally wrecked Tasmanian... what a combo! 🤣🤣

what do they call these forums...Sane, was it ??

you're welcome @tyme 🙏

Send cheque in the mail. Along with sprigs...

Hey @Kyle1 

Thanks for sharing, so thought provoking. 

Screenshot_20231103_112800_Google.jpg

yes! @Blackbird11  yes.

I love the turtle in that movie! Taking it easy (the underwater slipstream)...but taking it, never the less! 🙏

So true @Kyle1 

Going with the flow...

Anymore notes from the underground @Kyle1 ?

notes from the surface today, @tyme 

Took my daughter out for cappuccino and mixed berry shortcake.

She is adorably unabashed when it comes to trying new treats. And she's innately wise about such things, too. Taking only dainty sized portions on the fork, and nibbling as mindful as an uptown rat ☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126