Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Fawkes
Senior Contributor

Road blocked

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Road blocked

Hey there @Fawkes ,

Are you okay? How are you going?

Nope. Finally fallen off the wagon. It’s like a switch in my head has flipped. One day desperate and pathetic begging for help, and today I get to move on. I know my problem behaviour is destructive it will eventually catch up with me. For now, it is such a welcome relief, to at least have the illusion of control. 

“Fawkes is a Phoenix, Harry. Phoenixes burst into flame when it is time for them to die and are reborn from the ashes”

Hi @Fawkes 

Firstly, don't apologise for the rant. That's what we're here for!

I think that you need to take a step back from the irrational brain saying that you are "a vile worthless excuse for a human being". None of this is your fault. Personally, I think the rules around the ADHD meds are ridiculous. In no way does the process help patients AT ALL. I take an ADHD medication for a different condition, but I too have experienced subpar treatment (I mean, we're still human!) purely because of the name of the drug. I'm not proud of it, but I yelled at the pharmacist for doing their job, when it was the doctor's fault that the criteria for dispensing the script wasn't met. I get it, we can try and do all the right things but at the end of the day it's the system that fails us.

I know you have just moved so getting into a GP is really hard, but I think you could benefit finding a GP who is going to have your back. Maybe try searching on that has special interest in complex or chronic issues and of course, mental health. Ideally go to a practice where you get to see the same one every time.

But yeah, it's so messed up that we can easily buy substances that have the ability to mess up our mental health but it's so hard to get the things that help us. 

As for the irrational and rational brain... one is logic and the other is emotions I think! So they both need to be listened to but that can be super hard when you don't have your correct meds and are going through a tough time. Give yourself some grace and be a little compassionate towards the irrational and hopefully they can come to an agreement...

Oh @MissMuffet thank you for such kind, understanding and compassionate words. I have decided to remove myself from posting as I’m in an ugly place, however I really wanted to let you know how much your kind words meant to me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126