Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

Warped

Great! 

I actually made it to my psych appointment on time today 😊

Except, I was an entire week early...

Funny as this is, I'm quite disturbed. Not only have I driven an extra hour to keep this appointment (and now another hour just get back home) I am legitimately dumbfounded and concerned how I could have such a dramatic lapse in time as to believe it was today. When the reminder I received by text clearly dates the appt at next week.

With something like ptsd and depression, is this common?

15 REPLIES 15
Flotsam
Senior Contributor

Re: Warped

@Kyle1 

Yes, memory and cognition issues are very common. Especially in relation to time. Since I became unwell I have used Google Calendar on my device. As soon as I make an appointment I put it in. My case is a work cover situation, so it also helps me record travel to appointments etc. I share my calendar with my husband so he also knows what is happening and he can add things I might need to know about. 

Snowie
Community Guide

@Kyle1 I haven't turned up to my psych on the wrong day, but certainly have at the wrong time.

Think its normal to have that lapse in time. 

Some days I read the clock at 8am and then somehow many hours pass without me even realising.

Hey @Kyle1 we're having an eclipse tomorrow. In the sidereal zodiac its in virgo which is ruled by mercury. So lots of distortions when it come to thinking. I haven't had much mental clarity the past few days. Finding it difficult to concentrate and focus on things at hand.  I think this eclipse is really dulling the mind so people can't think clearly right now.  Its what I learned from a vedic astrologer who put out an eclipse report. Noticed it on twitter with all these simplistic and polarised opinions regarding current geopolitical events. Anyway the world has gone completely mad. Hope youre having a nice weekend lol. 

@Kyle1 Well that's commitment right?

Don't worry, I've turned up for appointments an hour early, a day early... If you're anything like me you don't even know what day it is! 

But others have said, it can be really hard with depression to think clearly and concentrate. It's really easy to make mistakes, miss things or get stuff mixed up. I'm sure you're not the first person that has done that at the clinic. 

And look on the bright side, at least you didn't miss the appointment! Hope you spent some time doing something else to make the trip worthwhile.

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

that's my birth placement @SmilingGecko 

Shouldn't I be impervious or something??

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

well the day is done and I've just yet to get home back through the mountains and make dinner @MissMuffet @Snowie @Flotsam 

I'm quite distraught to see just how broken I have become..

Does anyone believe in angels?

I could do with one. 🙋

I'm sorry you are distraught @Kyle1 

I hope when you get home that you can do something nice for yourself.

I believe in angels. However I think that angels can still be alive.

@Kyle1 it's possible PTSD/depression makes it a little more common but a LOT of normal people turn up at the wrong time for things too!

Better a week early than a week late, I say.

Hey @Kyle1  I have a diagnosis of C-PTSD, and I have had similar experiences regarding therapy in the past, including not showing up to appointments, or going to appointments on the wrong time and/or date. It is common for people with trauma to dissociate, I believe, and this can also be a symptom of PTSD. Sometimes, when I don't show up or I do show up but not at the right time, it has been something I was doing subconsciously because I didn't want to speak about what had happened. Perhaps not the case for you, but it was...interesting...for me to realise that this was what I was doing if I knew difficult conversations were coming up. It's certainly not easy dealing with PTSD. Perhaps something to bring up at your next session and explore further what this means for you. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126