Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Yeah @CheerBear wind is super tricky for me - massive trigger but I am in a much better place to deal with it and keeping busy is helping.

@outlander how is your crocheting adventure going?

ive put it aside for now @Zoe7
i will get it eventually though, will keep at it. once bbt is finished that probably what ill be doing lol.

have you done any crocheting?

Middle is going fine thanks @outlander ☺They're a very want-to-be independent little creature and are super headstrong so they're biggest challenge is that things are a bit frustrating with one arm! They learned how to use the fireman's pole yesterday (which made me shudder and imagine them breaking a leg too) and they were invited to a rock climbing birthday party which they are determined to go to :face_with_rolling_eyes:!

urgh one hand and independence doesnt mix well! @CheerBear
oh dear lol, i can imagine them going down one handed! im not sure how they are going to handle rock cliimbing though...

oh dear @CheerBear Middle is the adventurous type - hopefully no more accidents -though I am not sure how they will go rock climbing with one arm Smiley Surprised

@outlander have done a bit of crocheting - my Nan was a master at it though. Don't worry about the little mistakes - just adds character lol- in saying that though I wouldn't be able to put up with any mistakes - needs to be perfect ...something I am working on...

Yeah I was a little "ummmmm" with that one @outlander. I'm not telling them they can't do something though - they can be a bit scary 😉😆

I was going to ask last night whether you'd done any crochet also @Zoe7. I may have already asked that a while ago sorry.

you have quite the little determined creature on your hands! @CheerBear i imagine they are quite like you though.

i dont mind mistakes @Zoe7 but it is bugging me that i cant get that step. the past few attempts ive made im not even sure how they got to be the way they were lol.

Done a little bit of everything @CheerBear lol - the other teachers at school all used to send kids to me when they needed to work out any art/craft type things so I used to do the same as you have done with @outlander and find a video or sheet to describe how to do things then I would do it with the kids. We used to have an afternoon each week where the kids could choose something they wanted to make and I would work out how to make it and show them ....knitting, finger knitting and crocheting were some of those things - used to cost me a fortune but well worth it to see them so engaged.

LOL @outlander keep going Hon - you'll get there eventually ...and jst think of how much of a distraction it is in the meantime Smiley Surprised

i dont intend on giving up @Zoe7 it has my cogs in the brain turning though!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126