Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

It is feeling very messy indeed @CheerBear i kinda know what is bothering me but it sounds silly so ive just been managing it myself.

I have called up chrisco and changed pops order for next yr, called for some bill assistance and scrubbed out my kitchen including all of the cabinets and draws. Im going to do the rest of the dining room, and the bathroom as well as a tip run today and then will do some more tomorrow

Whhats on your agenda for today?

Nothing that bothers people or causes stress or worry or overwhelm is silly @outlander. Big hugs.

Sounds like a pretty productive day for you. Have you been working on your blankets?

I had a meeting this morning which was enough for my day so the rest of the day is free. I'm about to try to have something to eat. Vegemite toast is winning I think. Maybe then chill on the lounge for a couple of hours until the kids and other person are home.

thanks CB, maybe if i can find words for it ill write a post up later. i think its things weve spoke about before like the wanting to be 'normal' and the worries of teeth removal and just 'stuff'

i have been working on my aunts blanket, im just over halfway now so im trying to get it inished for her. im hoping the 2 half yarns ive got remaining and another one of each colour will cover it otherwise will have to buy more . my rainbow ones been on the backburner abit so i can just focus on one at a time inbetween making my little butterflies, bows and mini beanies and scarves just to change it up abit.
Hows yours graphgan going?

theres nothing wrong with vegemite toast either, usually goes ok with a cup of tea too. i did read you had a meeting somewhere, did you you want to talk about it?
chilling on the lounge for a while sounds goo, ive been watching xmas movies when im able to sit for a while lol.

Those things (like wanting to be normal) can be hard to really identify or picture what you'd like them to look like @outlander. Everything and nothing makes lots of sense.

Well done on your crochet and making those little things. Too cute! I havent picked up my graphghan for a little while but will get there.

Vegemite toast is soooooo good! Cup of tea soon too 🙂

My meeting went well thanks. Really I dont think I cared too much after yesterday's news, which perhaps isn't the worst thing. It could have definitely been worse this morning and it was a huge stress to get to it, but I did it and will have something to go with soon 🙂

Just had a call to pick person up early and had better run 👋💗

thanks @CheerBear for understanding, as always. Heart

thats ok, you work alot faster than me youll probably finish at the same time as i finsih the baby blanket lol.

im glad your meeting went well 🙂 and the emotions of yesterday are settled abit.
Hoping you get some more chill time today.

Morning lil Sis @outlander

I've arrived back in the West this morning. Very early flight, so I might head off for a sleep before going out to get shopping

Hi sis ❤
Its afternoon here now @Sans911 that mustve been an early flight though! Catching up on some sleep before shopping sounds like a good idea

Not really coping so well today.
Things are really hard and messy 😞

@Sans911

Things in my world atm are very difficult and messy. I have been having some really weird and distrurbing dreams, they are really mixed up between my own traumas, things happening in the furture and what might happen but its not specific so its confusing as well.

Theres a big part of me that want to be normal and to experience normal things too. i guess thats pretty average for someone my age.. its really making me feel isolated and alone esp offline.

The stresses and pressures im under arent helping, my car is still off the road, finances are tight so ive had to swallow my pride and ask for help with it, my workload will be increasing, and stuff within the family like me having the kids even more while mums on work placement is extra draining. Things with pop arent going so well and his conditions are a little worse for wear the past few days as well. Ive been getting in trouble alot and then having the guilt card played on me.

I am s""t scared of this dental surgury, trying to organise some care for pop during that time, and trying to get family to stop in for some companionship for pop besides me as well as getting price estimates of hotels because its a fair hike away.

i think thats all.........

Hi @outlander

firstly sorry I didn’t come back the other night. I got waylaid having a chat with my kids. By the time I got back I was so tired and just needed to wind down. 

I read your your post last night and wanted to respond. Sometimes when we look at all the things going on it becomes so overwhelming. I think I get overwhelmed like you easily when things feel too much. I’ve learned that I can’t do it anymore, as in I can’t list off all the things causing stress or even think about them without falling into a complete mess and not getting out of bed for the day. 

Can you just just look at a day at a time. Everytime you start future thinking try to bring yourself back to today. I can’t do this all the time but am getting better at doing it on more days than not. I try to find something in the day that was ok or plan for that to happen. 

I know now you are still young (well compared to us oldies) but life will always throw curve balls. The trick is not to let them eat you up. This is all said from the queen of letting small things devour me but I am much more resilient now. It takes time to understand and work this out. It’s taken me a looooong time. 

I was also also wondering if you have looked into counselling with groups like Anglicare or the Mental Illness Fellowship in your state. They all offer (free I think) counselling services as well but I’m not sure of wait lists. 

I hope today is ok. Take care. 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126