Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

-

9 REPLIES 9
Macey
Contributor

Re: Thanks

It's sad you have felt Likthis for a forte years. Isure u can makilonger along if u can keep trying

Former-Member
Not applicable

-

every 1 beggins again every dhay

Former-Member
Not applicable

-

LuluandZen
New Contributor

Re: -

Hi 

I hope you have had some nice things happen to you today. 

I resonated with your post so much.  To the point, I thought it was written for me. 

I too have tried hard to reach goals in my life that haven't always ended nicely.  

At the hardest level, I too have thought that I was sexually abused by my father or someone in my family but without evidence.  

It is such a debilitating thought or fear and makes me question my sanity all the time.

I have trouble understanding things people say I believe because my intrusive thoughts make it hard to concentrate. I also have trouble trusting people. Like people are a threat in some way. 

Thank you for your post. It has made me feel less alone and less confused. To hear you express so clearly things I have also been experiencing and trying to understand myself has been a gift. 

I hope to hear more of your journey.

And I hope you feel you can make it another day and find the peace and smiles you need and deserve.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Former-Member
Not applicable

-

RiverSeal
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Former-Member 

Thank you for your post here on the Forums!

It sounds like you are going through a really tough time at the moment but you are demonstrating your courage and resilience by sharing your thoughts here with the community. I'm just concerned about your SI thoughts so I have sent you a check in email if you can keep an eye out in your inbox and get back to me.

I encourage you to stay connected here on the Forums and talk about your thoughts and emotions with the community of peers.

Take care

RiverSeal

Thank for your post. I thought your thought on treating certain fears like a crying baby is a helpful way to approach things.  Gently and with loving kindness. 

I have been trying to practice self compassion when it comes to dealing with my scary thoughts and health issues.  

Even if the abuse did not happen it's traumatic to feel as though it did. 

I'm sorry you are feeling so down with SI thoughts.  I hope they pass quickly like clouds in the sky. 

Knowing that there is someone out there grappling with the same issues has made me feel not so alone.  That someone else knows what's it's like to deal with similar experiences. 

Thanks for your bravery and strength in expressing your thoughts and emotions. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126