Re: My Mosaic

Oh dear @Bow ,

Sounds like it's going around. This evening, I've been feeling a bit queasy in the stomach so I hope I don't have gastro. I picked up my niece from daycare the other day and they have gastro at her daycare.

I hate seeing kids sick. It's so hard to see them suffer.

Bow
Senior Contributor

@tyme  I’ve just dropped my mum off at the emergency department. Had to bundle daughter up. 

Ohhhh no @Bow 

I hope she's better soon and doesn't need to wait too long. Is is very very unwell from gastro? Maybe dehydrated?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah pretty much @tyme  she took a tablet for heartburn cause that’s been part of this gastro bug…. It was horrible. But this pill helped me heaps…. But looked like mum had an allergic reaction. I suggested she call healthdirect, which she did and they made an appointment for a video call with an after hours gp. Didn’t know that was a service? Didn’t have to wait long, gp was lovely. But yeah, gp told her to go straight to ED, mostly cause of dehydration and her diabetes. Low blood pressure and high heart rate sealed the deal. 

daughter is back in bed. She’s had some meds cause she has a temp. Suppose to go to vacation care tomorrow. 

suppose to see my psych in the morning. Probably have to cancel. 

Wow... @Bow . Talk about 'eventful'! 

I'm so glad you were there to help out. Your mum sounds so unwell. Because of the culmination of everything, I hope she gets seen to quickly at the hospital. 

You must feel so tired now. Do you have to pick her up from hospital too? (I guess it depends on when she will be done?)

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yep feels like it’s been a pretty eventful evening @tyme 

we approached the ED and both said .. oh there’s only a few people! There has been lots of people complaining of FB the last couple of nights about how busy and overcrowded the ED has been. So yeah hopefully she will get seen quickly and treated quickly too. 

she’ll catch a taxi home if it’s during the night. Otherwise I can pick her up later on in the morning. 

and yep, I’m tired. I’ve taken my meds and going to go crawl into bed shortly. Daughter may be in in the middle of the night. Gotta put all the animals to bed first 

Actually, I haven't heard you talk about your pets that much. I remember you have a cat? Do you have a dog too? I can picture a light brown pet but can't remember if it was a cat or dog @Bow 

I hope your daughter is okay. My niece is in my bed. She's been sleeping with me during the holidays. She's got a rash all over her body. Don't know what it's from. She wakes up scratching. 

As if I have time to deal with kids in the middle of the night?! Last night she woke and said her body was all itchy. I sort of remember saying to her "So what? What do you want me to do about it? Deal with it." I was half asleep so who knows what I said?

Can you see I'm not a mother lol??

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126