Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

That sounds so interesting @Bow . I hope the group continues. I'm really interested in it. Do they give you worksheets/booklets? Or is it just talking about narratives/schemas and offering alternative insight? How many weeks does it go for? Sorry for all these questions.

I've had a bed for about 1-2 months now. As soon as it got cold, I needed to get off the floor because it was too cold. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah I really hope that it continues too @tyme  I’m kinda banking on it being really helpful for me. My old psych did some schema therapy work with me when I was seeing her, and it really resonate with me, so jumped at the chance to do more of it. 
They give us some worksheets, we have a folder with some basic info in it. And this week they gave us a schema diary. So they want us to start recognizing when modes are present, and filling in the forms. 
We all have healthy adult selfs, but for folks like me we can’t connect with them and don’t hear what they have to say cause our inner critic is so loud and big. And then we have these modes (usually…. detached protector FLIGHT, compliant surrender FREEZE and over controller FIGHT) they pop up with various coping mechanisms to protect the vulnerable child. 
So it’s about building up the healthy adult, pushing the modes aside so that the child can hear what the adult has to say. Hope that makes some kind of sense!

I’ll take some pics of the work we have done so far later. 

It goes for 25 weeks, so most likely to the end of the year. 

Wow. That's so interesting. I really look forward to hearing how it goes each week. Is the schema diary something we can buy @Bow and is it more like a workbook? Or is it just a lined book to write things down?

I'm interested in the terms you have posted about: detached protector FLIGHT, compliant surrender FREEZE and over controller FIGHT

By sharing, I hope it also helps consolidates the learning for you. However, if you don't feel you want to share, that's also okay. I don't want to push you. I wonder if you want to start a schema therapy thread? I don't know. Whatever works.

Bow
Senior Contributor

@tyme The schema diary is just a basic form one of the facilitators made with questions on it and boxes to tick and fill in. They have encouraged us to take it away and adapt it for our individual use. I made mine as part of my bullet journal and personalised the questions. 

Maybe I shall start a thread. I think it will help me to remember stuff better by writing and sharing about it? 

@Bow wrote:

Maybe I shall start a thread. I think it will help me to remember stuff better by writing and sharing about it? 

I think it's a really good idea to start a thread as a way to see your progress through these 25 weeks. And keep this space for other things that pop up in life?

Non pressure.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Have packed the car up for market tomorrow. Mums not well enough so it will just be D and I. But I still don’t feel good either 😩 

Bow
Senior Contributor

@Jynx  Ya around friend?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey lovely @Bow I sure am! How's your Satdy unfolding?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Morning was okish @Jynx  D and I went out for morning tea. And then spent a good chunk of the afternoon building Lego together. 
I’ve been sick most of the week though, mostly mild, but coughing all afternoon today and feeling pretty miserable tonight. We have market tomorrow though, and mum came down with the bug the last couple of days and cause I wasn’t too bad I said D and I would do market. Mum can rest. But now I’m not sure. 😩

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow oh noooo everyone is sick! It would suck to have to miss the market, I do hope you're feeling better by tomorrow. But also be sure to put yourself first! If you're still feeling crappy, going off to market and having to be 'switched on' all day might just prolong the sickness hey. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126