Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Total respect for your approach with this one @Mazarita. As always, listening with no judgement at all just lots of care, if/when you choose to talk ❤

Pretty funny with the shower! I'm kind of gigging at myself for having this conversation after only yesterday telling my doctor during a conversation about contraception that I'm never planning on having sex ever, ever again after the recent pickle 😆 We both know that's not likely to be a thing, so she booked me in for a type of contraception that will give me some peace of mind for a number of years.

Thanks for the freedom from judgement, @CheerBear. I appreciate it a lot, as I'm judging myself a fair bit about it all. Lol to your quick turnaround from never wanting to have sex again ever. Good idea with the longer term contraception. If I'm guessing right, I have had similar devices in the past. Some side effects, but years of being worry free on that score.

I'm heading back to bed now. Thanks again for listening to me about my relationship and sexuality pickle. These issues have been on my mind for a long time. As with many situations like this, it's all pretty complicated. So nice to be able to get some of it out here and have such supportive response.

Hope your day is as good as yesterday, or even better. Heart

Always love sharing a sunrise with you @Mazarita! 🙂 Hope the day treats you well too 💛🧡❤

Good morning, @CheerBear@Teej and anyone else around. I've been up for a couple of hours, after a few hours sleep. Willreturn to bed pretty soon but first wanted to check in to see if anyone's awake. Hoping today is a good one for all. Heart

Morning @Mazarita and Teej also if you're around (and anyone else up at silly o'clock).

I'm only just awake. Still in bed but about to get up and coffee-d. How are you this morning?

@CheerBear, sorry for the delay. Not quite with it yet this morning. Got carried away looking for a gift on ebay for my close friend for xmas and forgot to look at email! I'm okay, aside from vague this morning. How are you?

Totally OK @Mazarita - I have more awake eyes now 🙂

Did you find something for your friend? I've done a bit of shopping now without leaving the house. Onine shopping isn't something I've really done much of before and haven't for Christmas, but it's the best! No busy shops!

I'm OK this morning also thanks. We had a really good day yesterday and I had some hours of sleep. Bad dreams last night but I think thats starring my med again and adjusting to it so it should go away.

How was your yesterday?

Great to hear you had another good day, @CheerBearWoman Happy Heart

Online shopping is indeed the best! I have now bought online for mum, dear oldest friend down south, and close friend. The only gift I've bought in a shop is for C, which was a lucky find while I was at the mall to collect mail. Since my last post I've bought my close friend a beach towel with giant purple and red butterflies on a black background, cotton velour, giant sized, she'll like it. I was a bit stumped on her, glad to have it sorted now. That's about all the gifts I'll be buying, I think, though I may find something else for close friend, as the towel was cheaper than I intended to pay. 

Good to hear you are back on the meds, as they seemed to help you, but ugh to getting used to them again. I'm still having weird dreams very often on my new meds mix, though not as intense and vivid as when I first started. I'm living with it okay and just not paying them too much attention. Probably will be an ongoing thing, so need to deal with it as best I can.

Yesterday was a tired, sleepy, do nothing day. I intended to watch more videos, but just didn't want to, felt so lazy, so I didn't! Highlight was probably watching 90 minutes of Frasier, lol. I did at one point put on a dress instead of my nightie. And at some point I gave my teeth a good going over. Otherwise indoors day and feral. Mood okay though, and C and I had a cruisy smiling time of it.

That's a great idea with the beach towel @Mazarita. I love my big beach towel and think there's nothing better when we're at the beach than having a good sized towel! Middle and little's present from the north pole is taking some collecting as they're getting a tub of slime supplies so I've ordered lots of little things like beads, glitter, fragrances, fake snow sachets, mini polystyrene balls etc. All things that are well priced online but wouldn't be in a store and would take ages to hunt for in person. I'm really excited for them as I think their little heads will explode with the shiny sparkly-ness!

Med side effects can suck but as it sounds you feel, the benefits of this one I'm on are definitely worth it. Sometimes I have to make an effort to shake off the bad dreams in the morning and luckily I usually can by not giving them too much attention like it sounds you try to do too.

Hugs for your tired sleepy day yesterday. Good to hear you did a couple of self-care things though. Anything on/that your hoping for for your day today?

Your sparkly xmas gifts gave me a smile, @CheerBearWoman Happy

My close friend won't use it at the beach because she never goes there these days, but she'll like it and use it for the shower, as it's just her kind of design and softness. Funny how many people live here and never go to the beach. I once chatted to a guy on night shift in the servo I used to go to for supplies sometimes. It was very late and we talked about being night owls. Where we were was about 100 metres from a pacific ocean beach. Nonetheless he told me hadn't been to the beach in two years! I think some us permanent residents get blase about it after living here for a while!

Meds side effects can be a bit touch and go tricky for me sometimes. The one I'm having the most trouble with at the moment is dry mouth, dry nose and dry eyes. In the past couple of days I've stopped the antihistamine I was taking for sleep and to deal with itching from one of the other ones. Sleep doesn't seem to be changing much from the lack of it. I don't think it was really working in that way. But I have some itching back, which is a drag. Still think it's worth it but not that easy in some ways. The other thing it gives me is myoclonic jerks of my arms, hands and feet, but only when I'm resting or going to sleep. I think I can live with that too, after checking on line that it's not that serious a thing unless happening too much and interfering with functioning, which it's not.

The sleepy day was okay, but I'll take the hugs anyway. Silly Season seems to throw everything up in the air, and I'm mostly just going with the flow with what's happening with me at the moment. It's probably best if I don't let it go too far though, as I can get stuck in ruts. Main thing today is visiting close friend, and maybe getting to the videos again.

What's on for you today?

By the way, I just went outside in between posts. Overcast so the sky is more a glow than looking light. Tiny spots of rain on my face and head, nice. Woman Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126