Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Thank you 🙂

I’d be happy to post the recipe if it’s of interest 

@Shaz51 

Oh wow. 

That looks deeeelllicious

Mmmm!! 

They look so good @PinkFlamingo 

What's the avocado in it like?

thanks heaps @Birdofparadise8 

I thought they tasted almost exactly the same, with the same smooth texture that the duck fat brings.... just a little bit of avo flavour - which went very well with the chicken 

I think I will make it with avo each time now! 🙂

Can you share the recipe @PinkFlamingo 

@Birdofparadise8 @Shaz51 @tyme @Jynx @Oaktree @Spirit_Healer @creative_writer @tonys @PeppyPatti @Xibon @Adge 

and please share widely if you would like to 🙂

PinkFlamingo's Chicken Sausage Rolls

Ingredients

1kg chicken mince

100g duck fat/half an avocado (mashed)

1 onion diced finely

2 cloves garlic crushed (or minced garlic teaspoon)

1tsp fresh parsley chopped (can use dried - to taste, but usually a tsp)

1tsp fresh sage chopped (can used dried - to taste)

1c panko breadcrumbs

1tsp salt flakes (if using salt, 1/2 tsp)

pepper - about 3-4 grinds

5-6 puff pastry sheets (saves making your own pastry if youre in a hurry)

1/8 c chia seeds

3 eggs (whites into the mince mix, and the yolks with a teaspoon of water mixed in to use to join the pastry when rolling, and to spread on top to brown and stick the chia seeds)

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 celsius, get two large baking trays and line with baking paper.

1. combine the ingredients (chicken mince, avocado/duck fat, egg whites, panko bread crumbs, pepper, salt, sage, parsley, onions, garlic, in a large bowl (I use gloves to squish it all together, and to bring it to room temp for better baking quicker than using a spoon)

2. remove puff pastry sheets from freezer, lay out singles on the bench.

3.  portion equal balls of mixture onto the pastry, two balls per sheet, one above the other, then spread them out into a horizontal line of mince mixture, one above the other

4. cut the pastry sheets in half, in between the mince lines (the pastry will be defrosted enough by now to cut)

5. brush the pastry above each line of mince with the egg yolk and water mixture, and roll from the bottom to the top, and press gently to secure. 

6. Cut each roll in half, so its easier to pick up and put onto the baking tray 

7. brush tops with egg yolk, and sprinkle chia seeds on top

8. Bake for 14 mins, turn in oven (if you have a crap oven like I do!) and then bake another 14-16 mins (till golden brown and pastry is cooked.

Can be stored in fridge for 3 days, otherwise batch in twos or threes and freeze for later on's.

Enjoy!! xx 🙂

Dear @PinkFlamingo 

Iv cut and pasted and will make for Mr Rocker, Mr Buddha the ex husband and I next week. They look delicious !! 

I'm having a small lay down. Iv found California /Sacramento 70s radio station and um ...... Eating my chocolate Easter egg 🥚

IMG20240330160617.jpg

Hey that brought a smile @PeppyPatti  ! 🙂

Im so glad you like the recipe, I hope you all like the taste once you make it 🙂

Enjoy the easter egg while kicking back and listening to the radio from the other side of the planet 🙂 xx

Today's lasagneToday's lasagneToday's lasagne @PinkFlamingo @Oaktree @Shaz51 @Birdofparadise8 @PeppyPatti @tyme @Snowie 

Looks lovely @Spirit_Healer 

Well done 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126