Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Danni88
Casual Contributor

Single mums

Hi everyone, hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Any single mums or dads on here?
4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Single mums

Hi @Danni88
I am a single mum of two kids, both in primary school. Became a single mama when youngest had recently turned two. Its been a long hard journey to here and remains fairly difficult in many ways.
There are a few single mama's here who live with mi and parenting. Its hard a lot of the time trying to balance everything somehow (at least if is for me I mean). I have ptsd/depression and other diagnoses but think those are the ones that cause me the most difficutly... perhaps.
How are you going with things?

Hi @Danni88. I think we 'met' at Friday Feast ☺ How are you finding the forum?

Yes there are a few of us around, some with young ones and others who have raised now adult kids on their own too. I'm guessing you're a single parent also? How many kids do you have (if you feel like sharing)?

Hope you enjoyed your weekend too ☺

I am but mine are grown - 22 yr old twins

Thanks for starting this thread @Danni88 It's really useful to have a space on the forums to share in the experiences of recovery and parenting. How does your experience of being a single parent impact upon your recovery?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126